• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"With you" "With you" "With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem with reporting leaving your altitude is that I'm typically reading back the clearance before the other pilot has started the climb or descent. Can't report leaving if we haven't started up/down yet.

The problem with reporting leaving your altitude is that I'm typically reading back the clearance before the other pilot has started the climb or descent. Can't report leaving if we haven't started up/down yet.

C'mon, that's your reason? By the time you finish reading back the clearance, the other pilot should be finished making the change and the airplane should be a nano second away from actually moving in that direction. How long does it take people?

Why does this bother you people so much??? Unless I hear my call sign or tail #, I'm not paying attention to what is being said!!!:smash: I'm too busy enjoying my ipod or talking with the FO!!

"aaaaaaaaaaaaand checking in to stand by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ident with you"

That cover it?

-mini

Last edited:
PAPA FOX! said:
Everyone, knock it off PLEASE!! NOW!!!

How many pilots were in NY Centers airspace at that time? How many of those read these boards? Whats the chance of you getting a life?

For all the whiners that are the radio cops, you're just as annoying as the alleged infractors.

PAPA FOX! said:
Heard those 2 words 9, yes 9 times in an hour while listening to NY app
this afternoon online. This REALLY gets annoying and does nothing but clog up the freq during the busiest time of day in some of the busiest airspace in the US!! Come ON!! Everyone, knock it off PLEASE!! Of course ATC knows your "with them." Why does everyone tell them your "with them" when in actuality you could be 30 miles away!!! For the grace of God, let it stop NOW!!!

Relax, take a valium, find something worthwhile to raise your blood pressure over. If something this small gets you so riled up, god forbid something major happen.

AK

PAPA FOX! said:
Heard those 2 words 9, yes 9 times in an hour while listening to NY app
this afternoon online. This REALLY gets annoying and does nothing but clog up the freq during the busiest time of day in some of the busiest airspace in the US!! Come ON!! Everyone, knock it off PLEASE!! Of course ATC knows your "with them." Why does everyone tell them your "with them" when in actuality you could be 30 miles away!!! For the grace of God, let it stop NOW!!!
Yea it is annoying...I made sure to stop using that useless veribiage a long time ago.

It's almost as stupid as the ass captains and ass hats that use the statment, "with a request".

I propose that every time some ass monkey uses the phrase, "with you" on the radio, that you immediately break in with a "god bless you!" or "GEEEEEEEEZUNDIECHT ASSHOLIO!"

Really?

No, not really...don't do anything like that. But it's fun to think about doing it.

How about this one?

You're cleared for take off with something like this,with not much room to spare behind a departing aircraft.

Tower: "Bonkers 1234, fly heading 340, cleared for immediate take off. Traffic in front of you is on runway heading, you'll be turing inside of him."

You: "...(readback and comply)..."

Tower: "Bonkers 1234, call departure, 123.5!"

You: "...(read back and change frequencies)

You: "Depature, Bonkers 1234, 1,500 for 5,000, heading 340, IN HIM!"

100LL... Again! said:
How about the corporate dorks that don't use the phonetic alphabet? I want to slap them silly.

Nice. And I'm sure you say "tree" instead of three!!!

I am acually one of those "dorks" that says tree instead of three but I dont have a problem with all those airline guys that dont say tree.

Latest resources

Back