"With you" "With you" "With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bandit60 said:
Nice. And I'm sure you say "tree" instead of three!!!

I am acually one of those "dorks" that says tree instead of three but I dont have a problem with all those airline guys that dont say tree.
I think its more an issue with the guys that call N123AD as "one twentythree apple dumplin'" or "six fifty suggar daddy" "Two ten goin fishin"

Say it with me... "Alpha - Delta" or "Sierra - Delta" or "Golf - Foxtrot"

In all seriousness...I don't get driven crazy over this stuff...but it does make me chuckle inside.

I do have to say, I heard "Information Bratwurst" one time listening online....cracked me up.

I just hate having the radio tied up ... there could be someone on freq trying to get in with something important....no need to ask for the score to the game......that's what dispatch is for :p

-mini

Last edited:
minitour said:
I think its more an issue with the guys that call N123AD as "one twentythree apple dumplin'" or "six fifty suggar daddy" "Two ten goin fishin"

Say it with me... "Alpha - Delta" or "Sierra - Delta" or "Golf - Foxtrot"

In all seriousness...I don't get driven crazy over this stuff...but it does make me chuckle inside.

I do have to say, I heard "Information Bratwurst" one time listening online....cracked me up.

I just hate having the radio tied up ... there could be someone on freq trying to get in with something important....no need to ask for the score to the game......that's what dispatch is for :p

-mini
Can you say "titty twister" on the radio? I bet the guys that get tired of saying, "Tango Tango" would like something different to say once in while.

FN FAL said:
Can you say "titty twister" on the radio? I bet the guys that get tired of saying, "Tango Tango" would like something different to say once in while.

LMFAO! Sweet!

Is that like the ____ that used to fly out of OUN using _ _ _ PT that called in as XXX Pretty Titty?

-mini

"with you" is no big deal to me, considering that the majority of pilots I hear check in on a Center Frequency by saying it.
It's the way it is...why not go with it.

I personally hate it when the occassional pilot will say "Kaybeck" instead of Quebec.
Another thing I hate hearing is when you're flying to Nashville and every now and then, center says you're cleared to "Geetar" intersection instead of saying you're cleared to "guitar" intersection.

Not to offend the nerdy detailed orientated type people who are sticklers and will say "KAYBECK is the correct phonetic pronounciation of Quebeck" bla bla bla...whatever, it just sounds gay.

It wouldn't be uncommon for 15 or 20 seconds to pass after I'd read back the clearance until we actually left the altitude.

I guess it's all technique, but if I'm the PF and we get a turn or altitude change, I've usually initiated the changes by the time the PNF is done talking. As soon as he stops talking, I confirm the changes with him and we're already on our way. It's different for different phases of flight though too, so it's not always that quick. But on an arrival or in the terminal area, I would say 20 seconds is a bit long.

My.02

The one thing that is a constant with this subject is this:

Whenever it is broached, you have a couple of guys say, awwww, that correct phraseology stuff doesn't matter, don't be so uncool, be like the cool kids and say whatever you want.

But, the "Cool kids" really *don't* know whether it matters, because they're not the ones on the other end of the mic who have to deal with it. The ones who have to deal with it are the controllers, and every time I've read something written by a controller on the subject, they say *yes* it *does* matter, use proper phraseology. No, don't* say "with you", Yes it *does* matter if you report leaving your altitude. (in the correct manner), no, do not say XXXXXX with a request...etc, etc. Don Brown's ATC columns on Avweb are a good example of the controller's perspective, although there are other articles floating around by controllers. Don does an excellent job of explaining exactly why it matters (the example above of a stack of planes in the hold is a sample from Don's columns) and often the reasons why it really does matter are reasons which are not apparent to the pilot.

So, who are you going to listen to? The "cool kids" who are telling you to spit out any crap you feel like? Or the controllers, the ones who you are trying to interact with professionally, the ones for whom it does create problems when you spit out any old crap you feel like?

The blessed sound of silence

GVFlyer said:
Full implimentation of CPDLC will end your misery...

GV

One can only dream.

Next time you call up ground initially, and you got information Yankee, tell them "...ready to taxi with yankme." Be subtle about it and see if they catch it.

Also works with "...left turn on taxiway yankme."

Latest resources

Back