"With you" "With you" "With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CutEmUp said:
Next time you call up ground initially, and you got information Yankee, tell them "...ready to taxi with yankme." Be subtle about it and see if they catch it.

Also works with "...left turn on taxiway yankme."

Or how 'bout X-ray..."xxxxxx approach 123AB 5000, x-rated"

I blame each "with you" pilot's primary instructor, who should have stopped that nonsense before they got their private.

I don't know what goes on in the military primary instruction.

It's a shame that jet pilots say useless stuff. Whenever I hear "with you" from a pro pilot, I wince a little.

Does it matter? Not really - it's a point of technique. I personally think it's a dumb thing to say on the radio, no more.

You know what's even more annoying? A bunch of professionals whining about how everyone says "with you." What's the big deal?

I'd love to see you guys wet your pants when one of our 152 students says "checkin' in six thousand."

The only habit I ever tried to break (and failed, as I only substituted as his instructor for a week) was the guy who would say "two point one" for 2,100 and so on.

Airway

Good one!

Airway said:
The only habit I ever tried to break (and failed, as I only substituted as his instructor for a week) was the guy who would say "two point one" for 2,100 and so on.

I hate that too.

minitour said:
I just hate having the radio tied up ... there could be someone on freq trying to get in with something important....no need to ask for the score to the game......that's what dispatch is for :p

Some of us don't have dispatchers we can call on the radio....who are WE supposed to ask?!?! You expect us to go for a 6 hour flight and not wonder who's winning/who won?!?! We often have bets riding on it...and want to know who's buying the beer when we land! :beer:

Lunar approach Spaceshuttle 1234 WITH YOU five hundred thousand five hundred feet. I use "with you" on a regular basis, so sorry everyone. Heard a corp guy have information "dog" once, made me laugh. Now when Im coming into DFW i try to say what i have to say as quick as i can and be on with my business...

Last edited:
FracCapt said:
Some of us don't have dispatchers we can call on the radio....who are WE supposed to ask?!?! You expect us to go for a 6 hour flight and not wonder who's winning/who won?!?! We often have bets riding on it...and want to know who's buying the beer when we land! :beer:

Listen to the ADF like everyone else! ;)

Don't you guys have other things to worry about??? Who really gives a $hit about what other people say!!!!! I'll say all these things just to piss you guys off!!!

Latest resources

Back