• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jolly

Give it a break man!!!!! :mad:

G200,
You know we're together on this issue but fighting this fight with jolly is like pounding sand.

Appreciate you "gettin my back though":cool: . " You da man".

yeah, this can go on forever..

everyone is certainly entitled to thier opinion, thats what these boards are about I guess....

Im going back to my "dream world" now..:(

as far as 20 years at good rates...I need at least 30 more or retirement may not be as pretty as we hope!!! oH well.....cant complain too much I suppose!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd be happy to agree with you guys if I hear a reasonable argument from you, apart from anger and name-calling...all I see is repetitive contradictions about the good guys getting the good jobs :)

Happy Flying.....anyone looking for a free pilot??

hey c'mon man

name callin' is what its about.

toughen up or get yer a$$ out of the sandbox!:D

just kidding...and yes, sure we love free pilots around here!!!:D

see ya

Not a good comparison - I know that around 50% of the population, (which is 100,000,000 maybe??), are going to vote - I also know (and so do you) that an extremely small percentage of pilots fly for free.

So using your hundred million voters number, my vote represents .000001% of those who voted. Is this not an extremely small percentage? Seems like it to me.

1) So why should I care to vote if my vote means so little?

2) Why should I care if I take a job for free when I represent such a small percentage of pilots in the job market?

You don't see the similarities in these two scenarios?

Well at the risk of continuing this discussion...:)....the difference is that you know that 99,999,999 other people are going to vote....49.99% of pilots aren't going to work for free (in MY opinion).....I'm not sure whether it's for or against my argument - it's just not a similar comparison that's all!

You are right, if everybody said "my vote doesn't count, so I won't vote" then nobody would vote. If everybody said "Let's fly for free", the nobody would make any money as pilots....I just happen to be a little realistic in what is really happening out there, and we aren't in danger, in my opinion, of the pilot market being flooded with people flying for free.

This argument/discussion comes up from time to time over the years, and the truth in the matter is that apart from the odd 'Ho' getting ripped apart, it has absolutely no effect on the industry - apart from maybe making more pilots irate, and some failed medicals due to High BP from the forums :)

Wait a minute Jolly - this conversation has become too civil for a message board.

Screw you!!!! :D

Jolly007 said:
Well at the risk of continuing this discussion...:)....the difference is that you know that 99,999,999 other people are going to vote....49.99% of pilots aren't going to work for free (in MY opinion).....I'm not sure whether it's for or against my argument - it's just not a similar comparison that's all!

Jolly, you can sit here and quote percentages all day long, but when it comes down to the wire, it's the ONE pilot that takes YOUR job that makes all the difference.

I had this happen to me many years ago when I was flying piston twins. I helped my wealthy boss research, select, and acquire a turbocharged Piper twin. We flew it for a short time, and I charged a fair rate for the equipment and my time.

This dirtbag I knew approached my boss when I was vacationing in Colorado. He offered to do it .... you guessed it ... for FREE. Trust me, I found this out the hard way, when my wife & I saw him taxiing by with my boss as they both waived. At the time, I needed this job, and the resultant loss of paycheck definitely hurt.

The satisfaction came a few weeks later when I found out he blew a few cylinders on that turbocharged Continental. It was very expensive to fix :)

Moral of the story: you get what you pay for, and yes ... all it takes is one person to bring this industry down for us all.

Last edited:
750Driver,

You know who's the guy with the problem in your example?? It's your 'wealthy boss', not the guy offering to work for free in my opinion.

That is part of my argument. If everything that you guys say is true, that the quality guys get the quality job, and those who value themselves get paid the what they deserve....then surely the opposite must be true?

The scenario you just described could happen for ANY job. I don't see hundreds of accountants working for free, or even McDonalds servers - it's because 'most' employers have reasons other than pay, to hire an employee....as you guys seem to keep saying.

I'm all for name-calling, but do it to the right people - your boss in your example. If the other guy was as good as pilot and employee as you, and was hired under the same conditions as you but for free - then that maybe bad work ethics by your boss, but that's how business works. No employer in their right mind is going to hire a person with EXACTLY the same qualifications as you for more money.

The same is happening with computer guys in India charging 10% of the rates that guys in the USA charge - I'm not calling them scabs. Things will change over time...The Japs brought us cheap bad quality cars a couple of decades ago ...now I'm driving a Lexus...and the Japs make the best quality cars in the world (one of the best).

Anyway..I think I'm going off on a tangent :)

and screw all you guys too...A$$holes.......just to prove I can be colorful too :D

huh???

The same is happening with computer guys in India charging 10% of the rates that guys in the USA charge - I'm not calling them scabs. Things will change over time...The Japs brought us cheap bad quality cars a couple of decades ago ...now I'm driving a Lexus...and the Japs make the best quality cars in the world (one of the best).

Jolly,

You really need to find a better example.... Because of the exchange rate in rupees, or pesos, yen or HK dollars, etc.... and because the dollar is stronger in the 3rd world countries.... and trust me, you can live like a king in India with your so-called 10% rate... as it offers the 3rd world people a luxury lifestyle..... I highly doubt Indians, Japanese and/or the likes would ever work for FREE... especially toward an American company... believe me, they get paid very well relative to their own currency and cost of living...

Latest resources

Back