• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will fly for free in BOS area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
does "without financial considerations" mean your "friend" is willing to fly someones king air for FREE??

Please tell me Im wrong!?

If not...

who wants someone at the controls of thier airplane who does not even think his own skills are worth ANY pay??

maybe he cant find a job because he posseses a pathetic self worth and it shows.

:(

Re: Okay JPB

rice said:
[And I've been doing this long enough to know that the romance in aviation is best found in a glossy paged monthly published magazine discreetly slid into a map pocket. The rest is all a business. ;) [/B]

Beautiful, Rice.

Just curious, what happens to this guy when he gets his magical 1000 hours Turbine PIC? Does he click his heels together and wind up at one of the 3 airlines that are hiring these days?

JPB said:
A good friend of mine has 930 hours PIC turbine on Dash8. He needs about 100 more. Today he is on furlough.
Is there any way to fly a B90, 100, 200, or any other turbine plane part time and without financial considerations in the Boston area? Thanks for the input.

Here's my suggestion. Have your friend make himself a sign that reads...

"Aviator seeking position. My qualifications are as follows:

No self-worth.
No self-respect.
No respect for my peers or the industry.
And above all ... desperate."

JPB, you know what? It's been almost 2 years since I've flown any type of aircraft, and regardless of how much I hate my temporary job, I would never resort to this level of desperation. It's one of the main reasons why this industry is in such a state of turmoil.

Re: Re: Will fly for free in BOS area

750driver said:
JPB, you know what? It's been almost 2 years since I've flown any type of aircraft, and regardless of how much I hate my temporary job, I would never resort to this level of desperation. It's one of the main reasons why this industry is in such a state of turmoil.

Very well said!

My question is what happens when he gets the 70 hours? Is Southwest holding a spot for him? Of course they aren't! He's just going to whore himself out so that he can APPLY for a job. That's pathetic.

hell it might be flame bait but what the heck...

Tell your friend to go stand outside Signature at KBED. He can have a sandwich board sign that says I need 70hrs in a King air with no training.

Maybe he can have some guy say hey you know what I don't need a second pilot and you have no experience in the king air so what the heck run my trip down to KTEB for me.

When the pax ask where their normal pilot is just tell them that he's at Fenway right now catching a game but is still charging them his pilot fee and your working for free.

Why do I say this? Because if he had any king air time in the 135 world he would know plenty of people out of BOS, BED, PWM, PVD, and many others that fly king airs.

I'd love to see the CP that says. Hey your willing to work for free and for only 70hrs. I'll just go ahead and train you and throw you in the seat because your going to be such a long term employee.

Oh i forgot he's got a slot at insert name here: fedex, ups, united, swa, yada yada yada.

Oh if you can't tell i'm PO'd.

Are you for real??

I will bite on this one it is to easy. You make the statement that your friend has 8000 hours@ the average turbine (corporate) flight departments fly 400 hours per year, this equates to 20 years experience. My point is that in this period of time he made no contacts as to allow him to ask for a job with pay?
I was an aviation department manager with the same company for twenty-two years. Due to a closing of the department I have been without work for 15 months. The thought of flying for someone for free has never crossed my mind. If you or your friend had ask me for a job at my previous employment and told me you would do it for free I would have showed you the door. My hopes are that your post hangs on for a while so everyone takes notice of what you are.
IN ONE OF THE OLDER PROFESSIONS THE NAME FOR YOU WOULD BE A PIMP AND YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE THE WHORE
Before you get the wrong idea I’m not calling you a Professional

Re: Are you for real??

g1159 said:
My point is that in this period of time he made no contacts as to allow him to ask for a job with pay?
I was an aviation department manager with the same company for twenty-two years. Due to a closing of the department I have been without work for 15 months.

Believe me, I don't support someone working for free, ever. But 'g1159', your logic seems to be, the guy's been in the industry long enough to have contacts, so he should use them, right?

You've been in the industry 22 years, where are your contacts? Why have you been "without work for 15 months"?

I just don't see how your own experience jives with your advice.

-Boo!

JPB,

I have to question your common sense. It looks like you have been around this site for a while. What exactly did you think the response was going to be from a bunch of unemployed corporate pilots in the middle of the worst economic downturn in a few decades? Why don't you just throw a little fuel on the fire and tell them all that he _did_ get a "great" job working for free and that he stole the job right out from underneath a qualified father of four looking for work. That would pretty much seal the deal. I knew what the response was going to be just by looking at the title of your post. Surely you knew.

FL350

I have to question your common sense. It looks like you have been around this site for a while. What exactly did you think the response was going to be from a bunch of unemployed corporate pilots in the middle of the worst economic downturn in a few decades?

I'd have to second that FL350.... and agree with most, if not all the responses here. Where is your common sense? I surely wouldnt want to fly with someone without it....

Not to change the subject but what exactly is a "flame bait"? I've seen it throughout posts... hope its not a stupid question like this original post by JPB... lol

FLAME BAIT (n) -
an intentional dumb a$$ post from a retard. Intended to Pi$$ off pilots and draw out the same PFT, Free-Pilot, Union, RJ, Freedom, Women and minorites, Democrats, etc...arguements that we have heard time and time again...

Latest resources

Back