Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ygbsm...

You guys are scaring me!:eek: I'm just starting out on this airline gig and now I'm afraid of who I'll be flying with!;)

Luckily, there weren't many stories from my future employer.:D

Luckily, there weren't many stories from my future employer.

Yeah righhhht !! You just haven't heard them yet.............

PHXFLYR said:
Is he SBY based and boo- koo senior? If it's who I think it is,I flew with him in the Dash in the late 80's. One leg into BWI he try's to engage the gust lock 20 miles out while I'm flying. Told him if he tried anything like that again while I was assigned as his F/O, I'd walk off the trip on the next leg. Strange. I also rememer "The Alien". Quite a bunch of characters...

PHXFLYR:cool:

I flew with "The Alien" quite a bit out of CHO. Once you got past the always on igniters & lights, along with motoring around everywhere at 180 knots, he was a decent sort. He and I went round and round one day, and I basically told him that "look, it's not you, but I don't want to spend one second more in this airplane for this a$$hat company than I have to, so can we pick it up to at least 210?"

After that, it was normal speed/ops, at least with me. GR had some quirks, no doubt...between the gloves, the quest for vengence against the company, the alien thing (any bright light in the sky was "look, its GR commuting to work"), and the styrofoam house in the boonies, but at least he wasn't a perv, a cheapsake or a bad stick. He was a quiet, very competent, safe PIC.

He's had some real tragedy in his life, with his wife and all, so I'll cut him some slack.

Nu

Dangerkitty said:
Hey FLECHAS,

Why dont you put an anonymous note in "3-cups" V-file letting him know how much fun people make of him. Refer to this thread and let ask him to join flightinfo!! Then he can see it for himself.

I dont think it would change him much but maybe, just maybe it would kick his paranoia into high gear.

He probably doesn'teven use the internet beacause they can track him downand go after him...

Just remembered one I flew with a while back, and one I just heard about. Both had some weird opinions about how the ACARS works.

On the ACARS printer there is a light that says "PRINTER BUSY". When the message is done printing, the light will flash, alerting you to tear off your message. Next to it, there is a button that says "ALERT RESET" that stops the light from blinking until the next message comes up.

One captain I flew with years ago insisted that I push the button immediately, and would get upset if I forgot, because he thought that if the light is still blinking, it would inhibit any further messages coming from dispatch.

Another guy (I just heard about this one) insisted that his FOs never push the button, because it alerts "them". Who, I don't know.

LAXSaabdude.

Has anyone flown with someone who pulled out a sexton and navigated via star power??? Center.. Colgan XXX requests direct XYZ intersection.. Colgan XXX, I show you're /A... Yup... but we can go direct.

Same guy...

6 inches of snow and ice on the airplane... No need to deice as he'll just take the airplane for a high speed taxi until it all falls off.

Same guy

Get's kicked off the PWM airport grounds after being caught sleeping in a tent next to his car.

Same guy

Get's busted by SYR police for walking across the taxi way and runway on his way to hopping a fence to exit airport property..

Same guy

Wakes up from the SYR crew room in boxers and t-shirt and proceeds to a window to stretch... While in said boxers, he proceeds to scratch himself and move "things" around while the left side of a 737 full of passengers get to watch the show.

Same guy

FO on the bottom of the steps of a 1900 loading pax while #2 is spinning. Captain Goon decides to go into the crew room leaving #2 spinning and no one in the office...

Too many to list......

Anybody ever heard of the legendary "ROBO-F/O" at Skywest?

F16TJ said:
You guys are scaring me!:eek: I'm just starting out on this airline gig and now I'm afraid of who I'll be flying with!;)

Luckily, there weren't many stories from my future employer.:D

We've got ours too bro ... None of the stories like these guys though. I recently flew with one of our high bid avoidence Captains; he was a little up tight, but (on this trip anyway) nothing worth getting upset about or bid avoiding. The funny part is that I didn't know it was him at first and somehow the topic of the bid avoidance list came out ...... it was kinda fun to watch him screw himself into the ceiling

Maybe after I upgrade we'll have some better stories ;).

Latest resources

Back