Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATRedneck said:
Here's my new brief:

"I'm really laid back, but I don't like guys from South America. Friggin' foreigners!"

:laugh:

Haha, I hear you man, we should send all those South Americans back to their countries!!! ;)

Is that gonna be your new briefing to the captains in the 73? Let me know how that goes!!

FedEx1 said:
I just flew with a captain that took my picture with his digital camera without any notice. He said he takes a photo of all his f/o's. I guess he keeps some sort of data base on us at home??? Any other MD-11 guys know him?

Had a guy do this to me while I was head-first in the USA Today...I made him erase it..I think he did, anyway

English said:
At my last airline, the captain that would actually brief she did everything by the book, and would then proceed to share with me her special procedures that were no where near the same book the company published.

CRM classes should brief situations like this to their new hires. Anytime I have been briefed from a Captain that he/she does "everything by the book" it usually is code for, "I am going do my damndest to make your life a living hell for the next 3-4 days by doing nothing standard."

Flying Illini said:
Big Wheel's rocked!! I wish they made them for adults! Man those were fun!

I had a "green machine" remember those with the two levers. Did spinouts better than the big wheel!!

I just flew with a captain that took my picture with his digital camera without any notice. He said he takes a photo of all his f/o's. I guess he keeps some sort of data base on us at home??? Any other MD-11 guys know him?

Yeah, I've flown with that guy. I told him if he ever takes my picture at 0400 again without my knowledge, he won't have his stupid little camera anymore. That was also after he spewed to me how great Michael Moore's movie Farenheit 9/11 was.

Actually, I'm hoping to fly with him soon. I broke my digital camera the other day.

TonyC said:
How about, "Draw a line down the middle of the cockpit. Everything on my side is mine, and everything on your side is mine, too. Don't touch anything unless you ask first."

:)

I got a version of that one....."This side is mine and this side is ours". I watch over Captains like that like a hawk. Usually lots of little mistakes to pick on.

Last edited:
Dangerkitty said:
Anytime I have been briefed from a Captain that he/she does "everything by the book" it usually is code for, "I am going do my dangdest to make your life a living hell for the next 3-4 days by doing nothing standard."

Actually, they all fly "by the book", due to the location of their flight case, so, technically, they are correct. Unfortunately, that's as close to it as many get.

VaB said:
Yeah, I've flown with that guy. I told him if he ever takes my picture at 0400 again without my knowledge, he won't have his stupid little camera anymore. That was also after he spewed to me how great Michael Moore's movie Farenheit 9/11 was.

Actually, I'm hoping to fly with him soon. I broke my digital camera the other day.
that would be an occasion in which ripping ass so bad that the whole cockpit stank like there was nothing better in the world than a new jersey Landfill

Ty Webb said:
Actually, they all fly "by the book", due to the location of their flight case, so, technically, they are correct. Unfortunately, that's as close to it as many get.

Ha! Good one. Maybe thats what all those ass clowns meant.

We have a few.

Thank God one of them is retiring on Friday! He's calling for taxi (F.O.'s job) before the after start checklist is even started. Then, he'll start taxiing (also before the checklist is started). He continuously violates the 250kt rule below 10,000' when leaving SJU. He will turn immediately towards JFK after takeoff (at 50'agl) and not wait 'til 400 feet. He will fly the aircraft at .80mach when he should be cruising at .78 which uses more fuel. On top of all this he is an arrogant jerk and a scab. Oh...and he likes to use the announcement, "Holy bananas! We're 20 minutes early. Is this anyway to run an airline? You bet it is".

Again, thank God he's retiring on Friday. I'll never have to fly with him again. Another one of the horrible hundred gone forever!

GP

Latest resources

Back