Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is exactly correct. Since a guy used to fly at a regional he has done nothing to educate himself about Frank Lorenzo or Jetblue's CEO's history. Regional pilots definitely never study financlials or average market value pay at major airlines. Benefits do not matter at all to regional pilots as we only care about flying pretty airplanes. A guy who has spent 7-10 years at a regional, has a kid or 2 and is in his 30's never studies the industry at all. This is why I came to JB. I only had 5000 hours of Embrear time so I came to JB to get some more of it.

This is the dumbest thing I have read in a while. Let me help you out a bit here. Regional pilots are exactly who you want at JB. Regional pilots don't have a hard on for flying jets anymore, because they already have 7000 hours flying Embraer products. Regional pilots have been beaten down by management teams for year after year so guess who will vote to get away from more management beatings. Guess who has 30 years left in this career, therefore needing as many benefits as they can possibly get. Guess who depends soley on there benefits and not the military's retirement or any recall rights to anywhere.

So you don't want regional pilots filling your ranks. You don't want cape air guys. I have seen that you hate the military guys because they have there military bennies and don't need JetBlue's. Who exactly do you want to apply and work for JB.

Also just a little FYI. Cape air just voted in a union. Every regional except one is unionized. Many of these RJ guys that you hate so much have served on there MEC's and other Union based commitees. So before you start generalizing something you know nothing about, maybe you should do a little research and studying yourself. Just some food for thought.

yuuuuuuuup

I'm not sure how Jblue works, but at XJT, which is just a lowly regional does not fire pilots who show up drunk or high on crack, yes they have to go through a program, but they do not lose their jobs

JetBlue is the least forgiving airline in regards to substance abuse. I know that many will say good or too bad and show little or no compassion. Most carriers allow up to the cabin door closing or the reading of the before start checklist before a pilot will be terminated for being intoxicated. JetBlue has a great HIMMS team and the company has done the right thing by sending a number of pilots through some type of rehab. The standard is not the same through the industry though in regards to a pilot throwing the flag so to speak.

Struck a nerve, did I?

Just keep making $hit up, scooter. Every time you post you look dumber. You know NOTHING about what I've done in my career, because you can't be bothered to read. You just assume everything and prove your stupidity further with every post. Then you try to add insults because I call you out on your stupid bull$hit, make you look like an idiot, and bruise your widdle ego.

I am VERY amused right now. I wish you could see the look on my face. Keep it coming.

No nerve struck. I'm done with this nonsense, a fellow pilot is out of a job and the process has failed. Go ahead have the last word.....

The bad eggs are not exclusive to those in the right seat...

Its amazing to me that the captains (not all but seems like most on this board) at JetBlue seem to really take no responsiblilty for what this company has become. They seem to use no introspection, remember, you guys are the ones that did this not your junior FO. You had 12 years to get it right and didn't, yet shirk the blame onto guys that just got hired. Almost every captain I fly with is a blue gloving juicer so do not look right, look down at your own shriveled scrotum.

Try and be a little more productive. If you have a problem with what I'm saying subconsciously you know I'm correct.

Its amazing to me that the captains (not all but seems like most on this board) at JetBlue seem to really take no responsiblilty for what this company has become. They seem to use no introspection, remember, you guys are the ones that did this not your junior FO. You had 12 years to get it right and didn't, yet shirk the blame onto guys that just got hired. Almost every captain I fly with is a blue gloving juicer so do not look right, look down at your own shriveled scrotum.

Try and be a little more productive. If you have a problem with what I'm saying subconsciously you know I'm correct.

That's the biggest thing I see. They are all content to blame others and scream on message boards about how miserable they are accepting zero personal responsibility.

I'm all for ALPA at JetBlue. They can't seem to grasp that. I just don't want any of them running it. I'm willing to bet most would sell out the junior pilots in a second to benefit themselves, just like every other MEC full of senior captains out there.

Airline pilots eat their young. Always have, always will.

JBPA organizer here. Also donated to JBPA. ALPA OC member too. You guys are the ones that have made this a captain vs FO thing. There is plenty of guilt to go around. I've done my part, have you?

I'm all for ALPA at JetBlue. They can't seem to grasp that. I just don't want any of them running it. I'm willing to bet most would sell out the junior pilots in a second to benefit themselves, just like every other MEC full of senior captains out there.

Airline pilots eat their young. Always have, always will.
nice touch of union reality

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back