Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was overwhelming support for the seniority block representation that we have now. I am not senior here by any means currently at 50% company wide. I support that system and think it could work well in the future.

We have our share of blue gloving juicers here but they are a dying breed as our benefits and qol slowly erodes away. During the last union campaign the strongest no vote/apathetic/undecided on the fence came from mid level to junior fo group here.

We were about 200 votes short of representation here and the twa lawsuit news certainly didnt help as i feel the vote would have passed if that didnt hit the news 3 days before our voting window closed.

I share blame with every pilot here but the apathy induced mentality/ inexperience/ only been halfway around the block no voter is what just cost many pilots here thousands in increased healthcare costs. Every year we wait is another year we lose and or lose more..

JBPA organizer here. Also donated to JBPA. ALPA OC member too. You guys are the ones that have made this a captain vs FO thing. There is plenty of guilt to go around. I've done my part, have you?

Yea, thanks for all of your help. How'd it go? No one is making this a CA vs FO thing; the captains "should be" the leaders of this group. You guys are always biotching about CA Authority so TAKE IT!

Not trying to call you out; just responding to the vitriol I see on here. I hope you weren't one of the guys calling our pilots idiots or retarded because they won't vote yes. Or because they have their head in the sand because the don't see things your way. It's their choice, and doesn't inspire a change of opinion to be bullied by people who couldn't get the job done over a 12 year span. Do not blame junior pilots for a situation you senior guys were instrumental in creating; not us.

Just like anything else, you get more bees with honey. Be nice and you will get the votes. Beat people over the head with your opinion and you already know what happens.

I voted YES, not because of anyone's BS or rhetoric, but because it is the right thing for ALL of us.

Yea, thanks for all of your help. How'd it go? No one is making this a CA vs FO thing; the captains "should be" the leaders of this group. You guys are always biotching about CA Authority so TAKE IT!

Not trying to call you out; just responding to the vitriol I see on here. I hope you weren't one of the guys calling our pilots idiots or retarded because they won't vote yes. Or because they have their head in the sand because the don't see things your way. It's their choice, and doesn't inspire a change of opinion to be bullied by people who couldn't get the job done over a 12 year span. Do not blame junior pilots for a situation you senior guys were instrumental in creating; not us.

Just like anything else, you get more bees with honey. Be nice and you will get the votes. Beat people over the head with your opinion and you already know what happens.

I voted YES, not because of anyone's BS or rhetoric, but because it is the right thing for ALL of us.

Obviously it didn't go we'll. While I've allowed some on this board to lose my cool and i apologize for that. i vigorously stand behind my support for my fellow pilot. I'm willing to be wrong in my support of these recently terminated pilots but I am for my fellow pilot first and foremost. I participated throughout the campaign and still do when asked my opinion by fellow pilots. Obviously you can't ramrod this down anyones throat. This is an anonymous message board, a place to vent. I don't think there are many on this board that wouldn't think twice before hitting enter if their name was attached, myself included. If you vote no or yes based on an anonymous message board then you are IMHO making a BIG mistake.

You keep talking about Captain vs FO and junior vs senior. As I SAID there is plenty of blame to go around. No where did i ever blame junior,senior,Captain, or FO. I'm quite familiar with the demographics of yes and no voters and you might be surprised if you saw that data. If YOU want a union what are YOU doing about it. We need new blood, I'm yesterday's news, everyone knows where I stand. If another campaign gets into full swing then I would participate again.

For you to hang the fate of this pilot group's willingness to vote in representation solely on Captains is ridiculous. During the last campaign many of the best guys on the OC were first officers, guys that i hold in the highest esteem. We are all JetBlue pilots and it really doesn't matter what seat you sit as help is needed from everyone. The best methods is pilot to pilot one at a time. I hope we can vote again soon!

That's the biggest thing I see. They are all content to blame others and scream on message boards about how miserable they are accepting zero personal responsibility.

I'm all for ALPA at JetBlue. They can't seem to grasp that. I just don't want any of them running it. I'm willing to bet most would sell out the junior pilots in a second to benefit themselves, just like every other MEC full of senior captains out there.

Airline pilots eat their young. Always have, always will.

Look at the FedEx model. It's the only way to go; block seniority reps, membership ratification for contract changes, expense account accountability, etc. The old tradional model of captain/fo reps by base tends to favor the senior waaaaaay too much.

nice touch of union reality

Nice drive-by, if largely misguided. The eat-your-young mentality not an unavoidable problem with unions, or even confined to unions. It's a structural problem caused by the typical CA/FO base model, or other similar models whereby representatives or spokespeople tend to be senior. Seniority block representation goes a long way to solve this issue, since junior and mid-level pilots have exactly the same weight as senior pilots and are mandated to participate.

Look at the FedEx model. It's the only way to go; block seniority reps, membership ratification for contract changes, expense account accountability, etc. The old tradional model of captain/fo reps by base tends to favor the senior waaaaaay too much.

Agreed, good call.

Not to resurrect a dead thread but the seniority block representation seems impressive to me.

At USAir (99-02) the junior pilots were so poorly represented that they formed their own group (Unified Front) started their own website, and flooded MEC meetings until they got the attention of the FO reps (many of whom were downgraded captains who didn't want to lose the flight pay loss)

I obviously can't speak for what life is like at jB but if representation could be structured by seniority block rather than simply domicile and seat I would have jumped on it. It makes a lot more sense.

(Admittedly I've been out of 121 and a union for a decade so my memory is fuzzy)

Latest resources

Back