Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The story doesn't make sense. Why is the F/O still working at JB?

Probably because it's BS, dude.

Nobody but the people involved and the management know what actually happened. Just about everything you are reading is probably made up crap that people fabricate to facilitate their point of view.

Just like computer-stomping-guy, the truth will come out. It will take time. If the guy is in fact fired, there is probably a reason. If there isn't a reason other than 'union busting' or whatever they want to say, then the guy is about to get really rich. Good for him.

This is an internet message board, man. 90% bull$hit. Take everything you read with a grain of salt, including stuff from yours truly.

Jeezus H christ this clown is the most screwed up mentality i have ever encountered on this site.. It is downright scary to think that this individual works here unknowingly sitting next to you or i in the right seat.. I have never seen a person take comments and bend them into the most twisted up logic as captv portrays.

I hope just hope that this guy is just playing the " general lee " or " lorenzo " alter ego for personal entertainment because if that mental case is really as he represents himself he absolutely should not be sitting in our right seat or any plane for that matter.

The guy is basically saying that anyone that is not perfect is an idiot and deserves to be fired, he is also saying that he has complete disgust for nearly every single captain he has ever flown with. He also essentially states that he operates 100% devoid of any error or mistakes.

What is MOST DISTURBING is that in all honesty I can say that nearly 95% of the captains I have flown with are people that I would say I look up to. People that in my opinion are consummate professionals and people who I have had an opportunity to get to know and that I would call friends. Overall just a great group of guys. I was a captain when i came to blue and am now a captain here. I can say in all honesty that 95% of the FO's I have flown with meet that same criteria. They do a great job and make my time in the left seat truly more enjoyable. I enjoy passing along my experiences and sharing theirs that make us a strong and safe crew.

Somebody please tell me how my logic and reality is completely clouded and how Captain V who is essentially showing disturbing behavior that goes beyond "typical banter" on a message board is justified in describing his complete and utter disgust of 95% of the pilots that he shares a safety critical profession with.

That mentality alone lines up about 37 of the 40 holes in the " swiss cheese " in my professional opinion.

Mods can we get some housekeeping on this?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Jblue works, but at XJT, which is just a lowly regional does not fire pilots who show up drunk or high on crack, yes they have to go through a program, but they do not lose their jobs

You RJ world folks don't know about Frank Lorenzo or that your CEO was reared in his management team for 18 years. You haven't educated yourselves on the financials of bluejet or the major industry average of pay and benefits for a major airline pilot, of which bluejet could easily pay its pilots. You're just happy to be here and oblivious to the manager threats around you. Good luck RJ men, your fate awaits you.

That is exactly correct. Since a guy used to fly at a regional he has done nothing to educate himself about Frank Lorenzo or Jetblue's CEO's history. Regional pilots definitely never study financlials or average market value pay at major airlines. Benefits do not matter at all to regional pilots as we only care about flying pretty airplanes. A guy who has spent 7-10 years at a regional, has a kid or 2 and is in his 30's never studies the industry at all. This is why I came to JB. I only had 5000 hours of Embrear time so I came to JB to get some more of it.

This is the dumbest thing I have read in a while. Let me help you out a bit here. Regional pilots are exactly who you want at JB. Regional pilots don't have a hard on for flying jets anymore, because they already have 7000 hours flying Embraer products. Regional pilots have been beaten down by management teams for year after year so guess who will vote to get away from more management beatings. Guess who has 30 years left in this career, therefore needing as many benefits as they can possibly get. Guess who depends soley on there benefits and not the military's retirement or any recall rights to anywhere.

So you don't want regional pilots filling your ranks. You don't want cape air guys. I have seen that you hate the military guys because they have there military bennies and don't need JetBlue's. Who exactly do you want to apply and work for JB.

Also just a little FYI. Cape air just voted in a union. Every regional except one is unionized. Many of these RJ guys that you hate so much have served on there MEC's and other Union based commitees. So before you start generalizing something you know nothing about, maybe you should do a little research and studying yourself. Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
Jeezus H christ this clown is the most screwed up mentality i have ever encountered on this site.. It is downright scary to think that this individual works here unknowingly sitting next to you or i in the right seat.. I have never seen a person take comments and bend them into the most twisted up logic as captv portrays.

I hope just hope that this guy is just playing the " general lee " or " lorenzo " alter ego for personal entertainment because if that mental case is really as he represents himself he absolutely should not be sitting in our right seat or any plane for that matter.

The guy is basically saying that anyone that is not perfect is an idiot and deserves to be fired, he is also saying that he has complete disgust for nearly every single captain he has ever flown with. He also essentially states that he operates 100% devoid of any error or mistakes.

What is MOST DISTURBING is that in all honesty I can say that nearly 95% of the captains I have flown with are people that I would say I look up to. People that in my opinion are consummate professionals and people who I have had an opportunity to get to know and that I would call friends. Overall just a great group of guys. I was a captain when i came to blue and am now a captain here. I can say in all honesty that 95% of the FO's I have flown with meet that same criteria. They do a great job and make my time in the left seat truly more enjoyable. I enjoy passing along my experiences and sharing theirs that make us a strong and safe crew.

Somebody please tell me how my logic and reality is completely clouded and how Captain V who is essentially showing disturbing behavior that goes beyond "typical banter" on a message board is justified in describing his complete and utter disgust of 95% of the pilots that he shares a safety critical profession with.

That mentality alone lines up about 37 of the 40 holes in the " swiss cheese " in my professional opinion.

Mods can we get some housekeeping on this?

Good God man, you REALLY need to learn to read.

You STILL havent addressed anything. I am done. Doesn't matter what I say, you'll just twist it to whatever suits you.

I'm not sure how Jblue works, but at XJT, which is just a lowly regional does not fire pilots who show up drunk or high on crack, yes they have to go through a program, but they do not lose their jobs

Seriously? Pilots going to jail for showing up drunk and you think your company just makes them go through a program? You might want to recheck your rules there skippy. If you come forward and admit there is a problem before they catch you then yes, you get help and they send you to a program. If you show up at work and test positive to drugs or alcohol I'm pretty sure you are done no matter what airline you work for.

Bullsh!t. Hims programs only work if you self disclose before being at work, and in addition since hims treats alcoholism/ drug abuse as an illness, if you are not an alcoholic and just randomly got drunk and went to work you are probably not covered.

If your pilot pissed out traces of coke, meth, marijuana etc he/she would NOT just keep their jobs, the FAA wont even let them keep their certificates.

Latest resources

Back