Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If someone in your family has a chronic health issue and lives that long, it could be very easy to do. Each year on Jan1 your JB insurance resets to zero as if you have never spent a cent. You start the spending all over again.

That is very true, but that guy was acting as if EVERYONE has that issue EVERY year. That is NOT the case in real life.

As I said earlier, do your own research an make your own decision. If you have a special needs child or something like that, JetBlue is a bad idea for no other reason than the bad health insurance. But to blanket everybody in that statement is stupid and incorrect.

Here you captains go again making a$$es out of yourselves assuming crap. Your logic fails miserably for many reasons. Here is a big one:

Maxing out 13K of insurance costs every single year for 30 years??? Really? Are you stupid? I've been married (to the same woman, unlike most of you losers), for years, and I've never even come close. I was on Blue care plus last year and didn't even meet THAT deductable. I have kids. I know what it costs to give birth.

I suppose I would pop pills if I were married to you, too. I have 2 cars that are paid for. My mortgage on my 2400 sf house in a nice neighborhood on a golf course is $1500, but that is on a 15 year note. My house will be paid for in a little over a decade.

I guess I'm just smarter than you. Maybe you baby boomers should stop whining and learn to take care of yourselves.

Man you bit like a hobo on a ham sandwich... Baby Boomer? Dude i'm 35 years old

Anybody that is even remotely considering this place PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do your research. Industry experts and consultants have evaluated our insurance offerings and concluded that while the trend is in line with some other corporations operating in the USA within the airline industry we have the absolute worst coverage. Considering that there are a multitude of seemingly minor medical issues that would have no bearing on traditional careers, those same issues could end your flying career and ability to support your family.

Captain V above is not completely wrong because his LAST YEAR Crew Care Plus was our top plan and did have reasonably good coverage BUT what he fails to mention as he insuinates that i am an idiot is that the plan he was on is GONE !!! His costs will go up considerably he is just ignorant because he simply doesnt know the facts. His attitude is that it hasnt happened to me so it wont happen and everyone else is a dumbas$.

I dont hate jb i love my job but there is a fast track agenda to cut employee costs to the bone and extract efficiencies that cost you more. All the while paying millions to MWK group to manage your expectations and produce an apathetic employee just like you read above from captv

Man you bit like a hobo on a ham sandwich... Baby Boomer? Dude i'm 35 years old

Anybody that is even remotely considering this place PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do your research. Industry experts and consultants have evaluated our insurance offerings and concluded that while the trend is in line with some other corporations operating in the USA within the airline industry we have the absolute worst coverage. Considering that there are a multitude of seemingly minor medical issues that would have no bearing on traditional careers, those same issues could end your flying career and ability to support your family.

Captain V above is not completely wrong because his LAST YEAR Crew Care Plus was our top plan and did have reasonably good coverage BUT what he fails to mention as he insuinates that i am an idiot is that the plan he was on is GONE !!! His costs will go up considerably he is just ignorant because he simply doesnt know the facts. His attitude is that it hasnt happened to me so it wont happen and everyone else is a dumbas$.

I dont hate jb i love my job but there is a fast track agenda to cut employee costs to the bone and extract efficiencies that cost you more. All the while paying millions to MWK group to manage your expectations and produce an apathetic employee just like you read above from captv

Once again, we have a guy that apparently failed at reading/comprehension in the 5th grade.

I said I was on Blue Care Plus last year. I said I didn't meet the deductable, well I actually screwed that up. I didn't meet the max oop, which was $750 bucks. BC Plus was actually VERY good insurance, but it was extremely expensive, to the tune of about $700 a month for family coverage. It was and is worth it to me, because I would rather pay more for the 'Cadillac' plan an never have to worry about the expenses.

Will I save money this year? Depends on whether or not anybody gets real sick. My monthly premiums are cut in half, (about $350 a month for family), but now my coverage sucks. If someone gets seriously sick, I'm gonna be out a lot of money. If nobody gets sick, I'm gonna save about $3k. I guess it's just a roll of the dice.

Those are the unbiased facts. I'm really not disagreeing with this guy, he just keeps trying to stir $hit up for some reason. The new health insurance SUCKS. I'm not arguing that. I'm not arguing against ALPA either, although he can't seem to figure that out. I'm just arguing against morons that think this place is akin to working in a Vietnamese Nike sweatshop, namely pathetic, titty baby senior captains that can't do anything but bitch.

Oh, and it's MWW group by the way. You can read all about them and any PR group on the net. I HATE PR. Basically they lie for a living. There is a special place in hell for PR people, I honestly believe.

Here you captains go again making a$$es out of yourselves assuming crap. Your logic fails miserably for many reasons. Here is a big one:

Maxing out 13K of insurance costs every single year for 30 years??? Really? Are you stupid? I've been married (to the same woman, unlike most of you losers), for years, and I've never even come close. I was on Blue care plus last year and didn't even meet THAT deductable. I have kids. I know what it costs to give birth.

I suppose I would pop pills if I were married to you, too. I have 2 cars that are paid for. My mortgage on my 2400 sf house in a nice neighborhood on a golf course is $1500, but that is on a 15 year note. My house will be paid for in a little over a decade.

I guess I'm just smarter than you. Maybe you baby boomers should stop whining and learn to take care of yourselves.

What happens when you ASSume? I am 43, been at JetBlue 10 years, 1 wife, no toys and money in the bank. What a tool you are.

Heard another jetblue pilot was fired. With no recourse or due process. Maybe it was justified? maybe not? but he has no options. I guess he could hire his own lawyer and slug it out against the corporation for a few years. How many is that in the last 6 months?

Heard another jetblue pilot was fired. With no recourse or due process. Maybe it was justified? maybe not? but he has no options. I guess he could hire his own lawyer and slug it out against the corporation for a few years. How many is that in the last 6 months?

3 that I'm aware of. All well- known ALPA supporters. Don't have the whole scoop so I've reserved judgment, but on the face of it the trend line sucks.

What was the reason? Allegedly at least.

Latest resources

Back