Why is SKW getting rid of the CMR planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WorldOnTime said:
Yeah, you Comair guys are one to talk. I seem to remember something about taking a pay freeze (read:concessions) in order to secure shiny new jets. Just a week or so after your lovely MEC sent us a nice letter and sticker...."Comair pilots support ASA pilots"

That's a good one. Pilot A from a group too weak to negotiate its own agreement takes a shot at pilot B from a group that paid dearly to set the bar for signing, at the point of a sword, an agreeement to prevent the transfer of flying to pilot A's airline because, to paraphrase WalMart "they'll simply work for less."

I hope those SkyWest pillows taste as good as the ones you're used to.......

Last edited:
Actually talked to Brad Holt in the LAX break room last week for over an hour. We asked him about the Comair planes. He said it had to do with the ASA deal, but was a matter of cleaning up the books; returning expensive leased planes for one's with a better lease rates, not necessarily anyones gain or loss. He agreed that he didn't think the pay proposal would be approved so we asked him then what. He said that maybe next time the 1.2% wouldn't be on the table, everyone else is taking concessions these days and SkyWest is still offering a small increase (moving the ball in the right direction so to speak). He said he understood people making a stand on principle i.e. 50-99 seat pay, but in this environment those who stand on principle "Will fall by the wayside." He emphasized what happened to AWAC and said he had serious doubts about weather on not Comair will survive. Just casual chat in a quiet breakroom not a PR job delivered to the masses, there was only me the FO and the FA in the room. FWIW I voted no.

Jon Rivoli said:
He said he understood people making a stand on principle i.e. 50-99 seat pay, but in this environment those who stand on principle "Will fall by the wayside." He emphasized what happened to AWAC and said he had serious doubts about weather on not Comair will survive. Just casual chat in a quiet breakroom not a PR job delivered to the masses, there was only me the FO and the FA in the room. FWIW I voted no.

The horrible thing is that the best chance for Comair surviving, probably rides on whether or not ASA can finally negotiate their contract or if Skywest can get their pay for the 70 and 90 seater increased.

I don't think Comair pilots have much confidence that either one of these things will EVER HAPPEN.

So because our Labor Costs are too high at Comair, we may "FALL BY THE WAYSIDE".

Well, it's been a great career.

Jon, thanks for voting No.

Unfortunately you're just one voice, and we at Comair "TAKING OUR STAND ON PRINCIPLE" will probably "FALL BY THE WAYSIDE" like the Skywest CP said.

We're glad we've held the bar so high so long, so the rest of you could grow, but unfortunately we're gonna lose our jobs because of it.

HOPE YOU'RE ALL APPRECIATIVE.

WE DESERVE THANKS,

Jet

Last edited:
Those who stand on principle "will fall by the wayside"

Jon Rivoli said:
Actually talked to Brad Holt in the LAX break room last week for over an hour. We asked him about the Comair planes. He said it had to do with the ASA deal, but was a matter of cleaning up the books; returning expensive leased planes for one's with a better lease rates, not necessarily anyones gain or loss. He agreed that he didn't think the pay proposal would be approved so we asked him then what. He said that maybe next time the 1.2% wouldn't be on the table, everyone else is taking concessions these days and SkyWest is still offering a small increase (moving the ball in the right direction so to speak). He said he understood people making a stand on principle i.e. 50-99 seat pay, but in this environment those who stand on principle "Will fall by the wayside." He emphasized what happened to AWAC and said he had serious doubts about weather on not Comair will survive. Just casual chat in a quiet breakroom not a PR job delivered to the masses, there was only me the FO and the FA in the room. FWIW I voted no.

skywest.alpa.org

wow! let's just fly for $10/hr...wtfo?
we know management has no principles in aviation but thanks for making the point. this is a f-ing joke. dang management azz clowns

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
The scary thing is that we know that the ASA pilots will do whatever it takes to get airplanes - including delaying their contract on purpose and hoping Comair pilots would have voted "NO" to a pay freeze so that Comair's 70's would be SHIFTED TO ASA at the expense of 200+ Comair pilot jobs.

YGTBSM, either that was intended as TIC or that was one of the most rediculous statements I have ever read on this forum.

The ASA pilots do not have a track record of groveling for growth, unlike others.

Several ASA pilots have told me they really don't think it's in their best interests to get a "pay raise" or definitely not to "strike" because they think it will leave them exposed to LOSING AIRCRAFT or NOT GETTING FUTURE AIRCRAFT.

MANY ASA PILOTS think dragging out their negotiations and being kept FROZEN at their current rates might be in their best interests for the long term. What do you call this?

I can't believe they're looking out for their best interests so they won't SHRINK and can still get future aircraft!? The nerve! Unbelievable!

Sometimes I feel like some ASA pilots will only be happy if Comair is dismantled and all of Comair's planes go to ASA. Then they'll finally "THANK COMAIR FOR EVERYTHING THEY'VE DONE FOR THE INDUSTRY".

I was serious,
Jet

Last edited:
Wow Im glad I dont work for either one of your carriers.

Sounds like a bunch of A$$holes work at both places

DHPFLYN said:
Wow Im glad I dont work for either one of your carriers.

Sounds like a bunch of A$$holes work at both places

Which combination might you be talking about? ASA, Comair, SkyWest?

Just curious if I'm an asshole.............................(can I say that? Oh. it looks like I can.)

AF :cool:

Latest resources

Back