• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is SKW getting rid of the CMR planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can it be Comair's fault you don't get a good contract. We are owned by two different companies. I don't understand how our LOA affects you now.

bvt1151 said:
I appreciate the sentiment, but will you refuse the 40 aircraft coming from Comair?

Is it my decision to make?

Let's think a little harder before we make all of our airlines look worse guys.

Once again, good luck Comair guys. Most of us are on the same team.

st

Smoked Toilet said:
Alright Smart A$$,

I just voted no...

Now, we wont't take those planes.. Thanks for your help.

Really, I wasn't being smart. I meant no disrespect at all.

bvt1151 said:
Really, I wasn't being smart. I meant no disrespect at all.
How do you think SkyWest pilots can have any control over taking aircraft from anybody?

viper548 said:
I've been hearing a lot about SKW sending the 10 Comair planes back to Delta. Why? Is this recent news or has it been planned for a while? Are they being replaced with other planes?

If i am not mistaken, these planes have been going back to cmr for a while...that is what the GCAS airplanes are for i believe.

I am not pleased that it appears our brothers at Comair are potentially looking at a fleet reduction, but to recharaterize their concessions as being "preservation" instead of "growth" is just not being honest, is it? The pay cut was for growth and without growth my understanding is the pay snaps back.

Comair is a good operation. ASA just had the luck to be in the right place.

The scary thing is that we know that the Comair pilots will do whatever it takes to get airplanes - even to the point of stabbing the pilots who supported them in the back to engage in a little predatory bargaining of their own. The Comair pilots are not alone, there is a lot of pilots who will jump at any opportunity - that is why we need a better national union.

Talked to an ASA pilot yesterday.

He thinks ASA is going to get a ton of new 70's and maybe even 90's.

I asked him when he and the rest of the Pilots at ASA were going to get serious about their contract. He said "Well I don't know, but it's not really the best economic environment for us to ask for too much and definitely not to strike"

He's happy with his current ASA pay. It seems like SOME ASA pilots are GLAD their pay is low so they'll get the 70's and 90's of the future.

I heard if we at Comair would have said "NO" to the Pay freeze ALL OF OUR 70's would have been shifted to ASA.

I think SOME ASA pilots WANTED COMAIR pilots to say "NO" so they could get our 70's or even better ALL OF OUR FLYING.

It's amazing how selfish it seems SOME ASA pilots have been lately. SOME ASA pilots don't seem to even care we're about to lose 400 pilots.

The scary thing is that we know that the ASA pilots will do whatever it takes to get airplanes - including delaying their contract on purpose and hoping Comair pilots would have voted "NO" to a pay freeze so that Comair's 70's would be SHIFTED TO ASA at the expense of 200+ Comair pilot jobs.

Shameful,
Jet

p.s. thank you to the educated ASA pilots who understand the situations we've been faced with and how difficult our decisions have been. Thank you to the ASA pilots who also feel our pain as we begin furloughing.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back