Why is SKW getting rid of the CMR planes

viper548

Total Time
I've been hearing a lot about SKW sending the 10 Comair planes back to Delta. Why? Is this recent news or has it been planned for a while? Are they being replaced with other planes?

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
Total Time
~5k
My guess?

Leases were held by DAL, and now in Chap. 11 they're being taken back by the rightful owners...

pinkbush

Total Time
Shocked everyone, but no answers as of yet. I think the first anyone had heard of it was 3 weeks ago when their MX department started hanging "A" engines back on the CMR planes and removed the "B"'s. Certainly could be due to numerous events......CMR liquidation, CMR sale to Mesa, part of the ASA purchase agreement. I would discredit anyone who thinks they know for certain.

Jon Rivoli

I am the Devil.
Total Time
I flew N587SW to YVR the ohter day. No GPS, no ACARS, no #3 comm and the seats had me half to tears by Pasco. I heard from MX that they were being stripped and thier original engines installed to go back to Comair. Sorry Comair guys but these airplanes sucked from day one, when you get them back don't blame SKYW. I heard it had something to do with the ASA deal but don't know any more. Someone said we're trading in the junk for new, but hey, just more rumors. I had a fealing that when this ASA deal went through that it was Comair that would end up with the short end of the stick. Good luck guys.

viper548

Total Time
I think Delta's dealings with GE might have something to do with it. Getting the junk replaced with new might make sense. If we were losing 10 planes, I'd think it would be plastered all over the news.

bmpilot2003

Registered Donor
Total Time
7k+
SkyWest is getting rid of those Comair planes, but we are getting 10 new "Treasures" to replace the ones going back to Comair.

cmrflyer

Total Time
Yeh, its very sad you are taking planes from us, at the rate you fly for you should be glad there are seats in the front.If you flew for less you might be able to get the company to spend more money on options for the the A/C and really get that slick 50 seater deacked out, maybe some chrome spinners , then you can look really cool. or you could just bitch about aircraft you are taking from a company that is getting downsized because we are "so expensive",good god, $35000 for an FO, stop the world i want to get off, $25000 is more than enough money for that retard! next thing you know the damn mechanics will want to get paid to do their jobs, when will it end.

WorldOnTime

Dumb A-- Ashy Larry
Total Time
cmrflyer said:
Yeh, its very sad you are taking planes from us, at the rate you fly for you should be glad there are seats in the front.If you flew for less you might be able to get the company to spend more money on options for the the A/C and really get that slick 50 seater deacked out, maybe some chrome spinners , then you can look really cool. or you could just bitch about aircraft you are taking from a company that is getting downsized because we are "so expensive",good god, $35000 for an FO, stop the world i want to get off, $25000 is more than enough money for that retard! next thing you know the dang mechanics will want to get paid to do their jobs, when will it end.
Yeah, you Comair guys are one to talk. I seem to remember something about taking a pay freeze (read:concessions) in order to secure shiny new jets. Just a week or so after your lovely MEC sent us a nice letter and sticker...."Comair pilots support ASA pilots"

Smoked Toilet

18 AT LAST!
Total Time
The Comair planes have been scheduled to go back for years. This was all part of the original plan. There is no change in hiring or classes because of these aircraft. They have already been accounted for.

Comair guys - None of us want growth at your expense. We all wish you luck in the upcoming battles. Good luck to all you guys - We are all on the same team in the end.

bvt1151

Total Time
WorldOnTime said:
Yeah, you Comair guys are one to talk. I seem to remember something about taking a pay freeze (read:concessions) in order to secure shiny new jets. Just a week or so after your lovely MEC sent us a nice letter and sticker...."Comair pilots support ASA pilots"
How's that contract coming?

bvt1151

Total Time
Smoked Toilet said:
Comair guys - None of us want growth at your expense. We all wish you luck in the upcoming battles. Good luck to all you guys - We are all on the same team in the end.
I appreciate the sentiment, but will you refuse the 40 aircraft coming from Comair?

WorldOnTime

Dumb A-- Ashy Larry
Total Time
bvt1151 said:
How's that contract coming?

Well, for the guys still at ASA-probably not as good since you sold them out. Hard to negotiate a better contract when your "friends" are stabbing you in the back.

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
Total Time
5:00
WorldOnTime said:
Well, for the guys still at ASA-probably not as good since you sold them out. Hard to negotiate a better contract when your "friends" are stabbing you in the back.
Wow, it's amazing how uninformed you are about Comair's situations.

WorldOnTime

Dumb A-- Ashy Larry
Total Time
DGdaPilot said:
Wow, it's amazing how uninformed you are about Comair's situations.
I'm waiting for your enlightenment. Since I was there, I think I am pretty informed. At the time, I wouldn't have spit on 61% of you.

goodpilotithink

Total Time
WorldOnTime said:
You are a dumb asss. We raise the bar just to have whore pilots under cut us, then you make a remark like that? A real asss

aero

Total Time
3000+
everything sucks in one way or another for everyone but if anyone knows why 10 planes did actully go back that would be sweet.

why is it that every single time someone has a question on this board it turns into a pissing match for retards.christ!!!!!!!!!

WorldOnTime

Dumb A-- Ashy Larry
Total Time
goodpilotithink said:
You are a dumb asss. We raise the bar just to have whore pilots under cut us, then you make a remark like that? A real asss
No, you struck for 89 days to raise the bar, then whored yourself to Fred in the hopes of new 70 seaters.

Ward

Total Time
5000+
WorldOnTime said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the vast majority of people I've spoken to say it was for preservation, not growth. Most did not have this "we will get the airplanes anyway" mentality. Those days are over because other pilots groups are willing to do it cheaper.

Ward

bvt1151

Total Time
WorldOnTime said:
No, you struck for 89 days to raise the bar, then whored yourself to Fred in the hopes of new 70 seaters.
A pay freeze to keep our 70-seaters from being transferred to you is far from whoring ones self out. You on the other hand have been taking a perpetual concession, and blame Comair's freeze for your inability to negotiate? You aren't even close to getting Comair's contract even with the freeze. I understand it makes you feel better to blame Comair, but the truth is they have nothing to do with ASA's lack of negotiation.