Why is SKW getting rid of the CMR planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

viper548

I've been hearing a lot about SKW sending the 10 Comair planes back to Delta. Why? Is this recent news or has it been planned for a while? Are they being replaced with other planes?

My guess?

Leases were held by DAL, and now in Chap. 11 they're being taken back by the rightful owners...

Shocked everyone, but no answers as of yet. I think the first anyone had heard of it was 3 weeks ago when their MX department started hanging "A" engines back on the CMR planes and removed the "B"'s. Certainly could be due to numerous events......CMR liquidation, CMR sale to Mesa, part of the ASA purchase agreement. I would discredit anyone who thinks they know for certain.

I flew N587SW to YVR the ohter day. No GPS, no ACARS, no #3 comm and the seats had me half to tears by Pasco. I heard from MX that they were being stripped and thier original engines installed to go back to Comair. Sorry Comair guys but these airplanes sucked from day one, when you get them back don't blame SKYW. I heard it had something to do with the ASA deal but don't know any more. Someone said we're trading in the junk for new, but hey, just more rumors. I had a fealing that when this ASA deal went through that it was Comair that would end up with the short end of the stick. Good luck guys.

I think Delta's dealings with GE might have something to do with it. Getting the junk replaced with new might make sense. If we were losing 10 planes, I'd think it would be plastered all over the news.

SkyWest is getting rid of those Comair planes, but we are getting 10 new "Treasures" to replace the ones going back to Comair.

Yeh, its very sad you are taking planes from us, at the rate you fly for you should be glad there are seats in the front.If you flew for less you might be able to get the company to spend more money on options for the the A/C and really get that slick 50 seater deacked out, maybe some chrome spinners , then you can look really cool. or you could just bitch about aircraft you are taking from a company that is getting downsized because we are "so expensive",good god, $35000 for an FO, stop the world i want to get off, $25000 is more than enough money for that retard! next thing you know the damn mechanics will want to get paid to do their jobs, when will it end.

cmrflyer said:
Yeh, its very sad you are taking planes from us, at the rate you fly for you should be glad there are seats in the front.If you flew for less you might be able to get the company to spend more money on options for the the A/C and really get that slick 50 seater deacked out, maybe some chrome spinners , then you can look really cool. or you could just bitch about aircraft you are taking from a company that is getting downsized because we are "so expensive",good god, $35000 for an FO, stop the world i want to get off, $25000 is more than enough money for that retard! next thing you know the dang mechanics will want to get paid to do their jobs, when will it end.

Yeah, you Comair guys are one to talk. I seem to remember something about taking a pay freeze (read:concessions) in order to secure shiny new jets. Just a week or so after your lovely MEC sent us a nice letter and sticker...."Comair pilots support ASA pilots"

The Comair planes have been scheduled to go back for years. This was all part of the original plan. There is no change in hiring or classes because of these aircraft. They have already been accounted for.

Comair guys - None of us want growth at your expense. We all wish you luck in the upcoming battles. Good luck to all you guys - We are all on the same team in the end.

Latest resources

Back