• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is NetJets TA Unfair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok guys and gals, Question for you: What if the TA passes?

I mean, I don't know nothing except what I read here. What if it passes

Sign me up for some of that action too!

Problem is, SBM has only 4 posts and will not be around long enough for us to collect.

Majik said:
Sign me up for some of that action too!

Problem is, SBM has only 4 posts and will not be around long enough for us to collect.
But no one answered the question, what happens if it does pass?

I do not profess to have any inside track on information, only what I read on the boards and hear in the FBO's. I am just curious.

Personally, I hope you guys and gals get both the pay and lifestyle amendments that you are seeking. It sound like you have been without a contract for sometime now and it is time for you to at least have some type of contract, or at least the promise of closure on one.

May your will be strong, and your cause be just.

HappyOps said:
But no one answered the question, what happens if it does pass?

I do not profess to have any inside track on information, only what I read on the boards and hear in the FBO's. I am just curious.

Personally, I hope you guys and gals get both the pay and lifestyle amendments that you are seeking. It sound like you have been without a contract for sometime now and it is time for you to at least have some type of contract, or at least the promise of closure on one.

May your will be strong, and your cause be just.
If there were a way to bet on the outcome, I would borrow every penny I could and would double my money by betting that it would fail. But, to answer your question, if it passes, then a majority of the pilots were happy and will probably remain so and the minority of pilots will either look for better jobs and leave, remain and complain, or remain and learn to live with it.
We are not without a contract. Our contract became ammendable Oct 2001.

That doesn't sound promising. :confused: However, I am glad I was wrong about you working without a contract.

So, when exactly do you vote? I thought it was schedule for the 18th. I guess the information I read from eariler posts was incorrect.

I figured you had already voted and had the results by now.

Last edited:
If it were to pass there'd be a fraud investigation. Approximately 1200--clear majority--petitions have been turned in to separate from Local 284. That is a far more drastic step than voting no on a first offer; therefore, we KNOW those pilots voted AGAINST the TA, certainly enough to carry the day. Even the company is now telling pilots that they look forward to a NEW TA in 2005.

Majik said:
I see a ton of responses to NJW from you, so I guess your justification for all of your time spent responding to her is - "to me there is nothing worse than a lazy, do nothing, no career wannabe, typing words on a internet chat forum 28 hours a day, telling us all how we should feel."
"Lazy, do nothing, career wannabe" ... those of course are my words very accurately describing Netjetswife. And they are quite fitting... thank you for quoting me, but I think everyone got it the first time.

Majik said:
NJW's opinions are hers and she is free to type on this board as much as she pleases. In fact, she's directly connected to the contract and it's effect on her and her family. Like I said, you don't have a dog in this hunt so I'm still unable to understand your reasons for you wanting to become so involved in this discussion.
I am merely execising my right to point out the irony of Netjetswife's self righteous, self gratifying statements on this forum, versus her inability to convince anyone that she is "hard at work" by her numerous, ridiculous, time intensive, noodgelike posting on these forums.

Majik said:
Do you really think NJA pilots are going to call NJW and ask how she wants us to vote on the next TA?
Based on the position of your lips on her posterior... why yes I do believe that YOU will. My god, if Netjetswife would suddenly stop short, you'd be out on a medical for 6 months with a neck injury.

Majik said:
just because she "ain't barefoot and in the kitchen" doesn't preclude her from doing whatever she thinks might help her family's cause.
Well there you have it genius. You said that... not me. I guess you just finally cracked on us huh??

Congratulations on being the forum sexist pig.

Les Paul

Last edited:
netjetwife said:
If it were to pass there'd be a fraud investigation. Approximately 1200--clear majority--petitions have been turned in to separate from Local 284. That is a far more drastic step than voting no on a first offer; therefore, we KNOW those pilots voted AGAINST the TA, certainly enough to carry the day.
You don't KNOW that the people that have signed petitions to separate from the 284 have automatically voted NO. For all you know, they are pissed off about the job the 284 and MEC did(so they want them voted out), but want to take their 'retro' and run instead of waiting another 2-3 years!

These approximately 1200 petitions.....who's collecting/counting them? Is it an official source?

netjetwife said:
If it were to pass there'd be a fraud investigation. Approximately 1200--clear majority--petitions have been turned in to separate from Local 284. That is a far more drastic step than voting no on a first offer; therefore, we KNOW those pilots voted AGAINST the TA, certainly enough to carry the day. Even the company is now telling pilots that they look forward to a NEW TA in 2005.
Why?

Just because they turned in petitions to separate does not mean that they voted against the T/A.

I am not trying to get anything started, but unless you have a crystal ball, or have some inside information on how each and every person will vote/voted, then the only way you will know the outcome is when the reults are posted.

I was only trying to find out when the vote was/is so I can congratulate the pilots on the success of their unity in their fight for justice.

Latest resources

Back