• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is NetJets TA Unfair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes voters that have signed the petition? I have no doubt that some have done so. Is the number large enough to affect the usefulness of the petition count in gauging the outcome of the TA vote? That I do doubt--very seriously.

Hounding? Please be fair, Niteflyr. Being asked repeatedly, by different pilots each time, is evidence of union building and should not be characterized as "hounding". My husband and other pilots we know, are asking for signatures. They haven't resorted to arm-twisting; they wouldn't do that. Furthermore, it isn't necessary, anyway. Local 284 drove the pilots away by their own actions. That "yes voters" have also signed the petition is proof of that fact.

Caving/Conforming? They shouldn't do something they don't believe in. Instead of shooting the messenger, learn to say no. Here's one they can try...:)..."I'll take a look at that later on my own, thanks anyway."

Fearful? Yes, I have had exchanges--phone and emails--with some so fearful that they have become irrational in their arguments. The selfish ones recognize the flaws (in the TA) but they just don't care. Both groups are hard to reason with; fortunately, they represent the fringe element.

Standing on the right side of history,
NJW/P2P team member

kingtut said:
And NO ONE has really answered the question?

What Happens if the TA passes? I know what the denizens of this board WANT to believe, but enough of that. BE HONEST, WHAT IF THE TA PASSES? What happens next guys and gals. Where do ya go and what do ya do?
I should think that many pilots have a plan B that they'd fall back on. Hoping for the best while preparing for the worst is prudent behavior. I also believe that there have been enough irregularities to warrant an investigation in the UNLIKELY event that the TA were to pass. For the sake of argument, I'll pretend that the TA count was honest and it still failed. Over time, NJA would not be able to attract and retain the level of experience they had previously when pilots were willing to take a chance on a growing company. Standards would be lowered. Recent accidents show us where that leads. I don't think that's a place anyone wants to go.

I was merely quoting how I have had it explained to me, "hounding" was not the term I came up with so don't jump all over me now NJW, believe it or not I am trying to be on the SU side. SU themselves just put out an announcement apoligizing for the way they have come across to certain people, many have been offended by some of the tactics their followers have used. This is not my first union or first vote, its always funny how they seem to pass but no one ever admits they voted for it. I say again...I hope I am wrong. Back to lurking I guess, didn't mean to get anyone worked up just by giving my observations....

Last edited:
Having a plan B is an important thing right now. It will be interesting to see Santulli and Boisture's next move if the T/A gets voted down. Never know what they might try and do next!

No need to leave Niteflyr---

I'm sorry if my post was perceived as an attack; I didn't mean for it to be. I, too, was just trying to share my observations. There probably are some over-zealous pilots in the group. In a pilotforce numbering over 1800, that is going to happen. I truly believe, though, that the vast majority are trying to conduct themselves as professionally as possible--esp, given the current situation.

Again, I say that there is a disinformation campaign going on, and it appears to me that you have been a victim of it. There is no wide-spread "hounding" to get signatures. It simply isn't necessary and most pilots are smart enough to realize that such behavior would only hurt their cause.

I'm pleased to hear that you support SU. SU is a huge organization--a movement if you will--and not just a slate of 5 candidates. Hundreds have volunteered, including my husband (and me), to be a part of the unity building process. In spite of the difficulties we currently face, I see this as an exciting, hopeful time for the NJA pilots and their families.

And NO ONE has really answered the question?
What Happens if the TA passes? I know what the denizens ..........

It is reported that there is already an IBT investigation by the legal dept and I am sure some sort of lawsuit would follow. There is no way this TA could legally pass.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, there is nothing unfair about the proposed TA - it is just unacceptable vs what we have now.

Latest resources

Back