Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CapnVegetto said:
yep......I HATED that as a copilot too. Just put down the f-ing flaps/gear and shut the f up!!! Complain if it's unsafe, offer suggestions, but no, I am not a carbon f-ing copy of you!!

ROFLMAO - exactly!!!

Cheers my friend!

CapnVegetto said:
yep......I HATED that as a copilot too. Just put down the f-ing flaps/gear and shut the f up!!! Complain if it's unsafe, offer suggestions, but no, I am not a carbon f-ing copy of you!!

T-Gates it appears you have hit a nerve. That's hillarious.

AV8OR, I'm not sure if you're following us here. It's not that a pilot wearing his hat is a bad thing, it's WHY he wears it and WHEN he wears it that makes him a tool. We're mocking the nerd with the massive inferiority complex that just HAS to show the WHOLE WORLD he's a pilot 24/7, because he thinks that by being a pilot he is the supreme king. It's hilarious to watch these guys tell everyone what they do for a living without anyone asking. Or how they slide their line of work into a conversation, albeit completely irrelevant to any part of the conversation. People that don't have this problem see right through it and it's hard not to want to beat some sense into them cause it gives the rest of us a bad name.
And as far as the attire not conforming...if the reasoning is again due to the above, he's gonna get ripped on. End of story.

T-Gates...I think we've flown with the same "page-o'shamers" at the same east coast airport with the worst ground controllers known to the industy...ha!

siouxicide said:
AV8OR, I'm not sure if you're following us here. It's not that a pilot wearing his hat is a bad thing, it's WHY he wears it and WHEN he wears it that makes him a tool. We're mocking the nerd with the massive inferiority complex that just HAS to show the WHOLE WORLD he's a pilot 24/7, because he thinks that by being a pilot he is the supreme king. It's hilarious to watch these guys tell everyone what they do for a living without anyone asking. Or how they slide their line of work into a conversation, albeit completely irrelevant to any part of the conversation. People that don't have this problem see right through it and it's hard not to want to beat some sense into them cause it gives the rest of us a bad name.
And as far as the attire not conforming...if the reasoning is again due to the above, he's gonna get ripped on. End of story.

Well, I know some guys do this, and I'll grant ya, it's a little sad, but, that said, unless the guy's a jerk on top of it, I'd probably cut em some slack if they can "carry the mail" in the cockpit.....even if they are a goob. Goob's in the eye of the beholder anyway.

I've just seen an awful lot of uniform bashing on the forum at times cause we're just "freight pilots" and, while I guess it may be corny at times, I think that sometimes we've got to "market" ourselves to our own management to say "Hey, we're by-God professionals and if you need to see epaulets and a hat down at corporate to justify the contract then so be it. Just pay the coin and I'll wear a red rubber ball on the end of my nose." Whatever ya wear, when ya wear it as a professional, just wear it sharp if possible. We got enough people who think we're overpaid jack-asses as it is.

When I'm God it'll be Wranglers and ropers, and you'll be able to go from the cockpit to the corral, to the honky tonk non-stop.

A guy in the R/C club where I fly (known him for years) is the CP for a local company, hands out his business card to everybody. Who cares?

A "captain" (only usable because he was single pilot) that would sit ready reserve and when he didn't go anywhere (majority of the time) he would go down the field to wrench 172s......in his dry cleaned, well startched uniform!!....never put his mechanic suit on and never took his tie off.

This same guy (on a day off) put on his uniform to go to his townhouse association party and claimed/complained that he didn't have time to change before it started.

FN FAL said:
What are you saying? That the CP drove a drunk pilot to the airport and then the CP flew the guys run for the pilot, then the pilot drove the car back to base and got busted for DUI? That's sad...how much would cab fare have been?

No the CP drove the pilot from a party to the airport to fly his run. (The pilot was too drunk to drive). No wait the guy drove to the airport from the party then got a DUI after roughing up the suspect. No wait he went flying first the got a DUI while roughing up the suspect.

Somebody please pass me some water my I’m thirsty and I have the munchies,

Biggest Loser:

Flew the Frankenbeech at the time BE1900D for a midwest commuter. This was back in the late 90's...

Captain was on "forced reserve" by management because if he had a line every single copilor would call in sick on his line. I was on reserve so was forced to fly with him.

Wore his hat AND headset in the car, was seen at a gas station this way, too.

Made up HIS OWN checklist responses to the "before start" checklist.
FO: Battery
Captain: XX Volts
This guy... "Ship's Battery XX volts and ready for turning
and showing a good charge"

Unpinned his wings off of his uniform blazer and wore them on his leather pilot jacket to bars. WITH flight bag. I think he even pulled his epaulets off and stuck those on, too.

Carried this little duffle bag o' goods under his feet with binoculars, an A.M. radio station guide for the ADF, and a camera. He would suddenly swing the camera your way and snap a shot of you without even asking.

He sweated profusely and would use sani-coms to swab his bald head and fatty neck. He smelled, too.

Had to fly a few charters with him and he said, after he did the takeoff "you can have the rest of this leg". Like it was a gift. Told me, "The charter passengers will want to see the Captain fly" on the way home, to placate me, said "Hey, if you want to get in a couple of steep turns, go ahead!" What?? You're kidding, right?

Claimed United Airlines would hire him as soon as he got an interview because when he was 5 years old, he had written them a letter saying he wanted more than anything to work for UAL. They had written him back saying he was welcome to have a job when he had the qualifications. As far as he was concerned, that letter was his "guarantee" of a job. No kidding... he planned on going to the interview and handing them that letter and saying,
"I'd like my job now"

I actually jumped for joy when I heard he had been hired at a small jet airline in the midwest! Woo-Hoo!

Lo-hooo-hoooo-ser!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back