Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's wrong with no outside interests other than aviation?? I consider it a blessing. Maybe you should try:
ultralights (many varieties);
warbirds (neat folks there, too);
experimentals/homebuilts.
Lots of social stuff, great trips, great people.
Don't knock having hobbies that are all aviation related. After all, didn't you get into aviation because you loved it? I hope so, 'cause you probably ain't gettin' rich on it.

Oh how we all miss TRC; the unipilot.
We had this one captain based in SEA who dropped his lunch on the sandy, disgusting ramp in JNU. His sandwich was then soggy, and covered in sand.
The next leg the FO went out to check the back door, and came up front to see the Captain eating lunch. Not much was thought of it untill the next leg.
When the FO opened his lunch he found a dirty, soggy, sandy sandwich.
The FO asked WTF?, the captain denied changing sandwiches.
That guy was a real piece of work.

Okay, I'll throw mine out there:

1. Capt. that reaches for the gear handle and sits there with his/her hand on it until you say "Gear down". I usually wait until the last possible second just to piss them off.

2. Going in to a busy airport in a citation and it's clear and million and the guy decides to configure and slow to Ref +10 at about 12 miles out. Same guy figures he better configure at glideslope intercept even though approach cleared us at a higher altitude than normal. So, again, the marker is still 5-6 miles away.

3. Same dipsh#t decides to ask for lower because the FMS says it's time to go down based on the "expected" altitudes on the Star. Problem is we are going into a feeder aiport which is 20 miles or so past the main airport that the Star is built for. I have to remind him/her that it's just an expected, not a required.

Whew...off my soapbox now.

A couple of months ago, I was in Spokane to retrieve our jet from the shop. We were sitting in the FBO just before sun up and saw this young kid sitting in there doing his flight planning. No big deal right?

Well, as we're strapping ourselves in our Citation (in our jeans, 20 year old sneakers, and Iron Maiden t-shirts), this guy walks by in his blue polo shirt tucked into his Khaki shorts with penny loafers. He is hauling a hard sided flight case, wearing a $1,500 "pilot watch", and wearing his $200 Serengettis (the sun still hasn't risen). We both watch as he climbs into a ratty old C-402 for his next run, and we both start cracking up.

T-Gates said:
Thats my #1 Pet Peeve....

That and calling the field in sight without asking the PF if he has it in sight....

That's pretty good there T. I agree with both.

Incedentally, I wonder how many of you guys that have posted have actually flown together.

Ya know the hat thing always comes up doesn't it. Some hate it and some love it I guess. The only animosity seems to be from the hat haters towards the hat lovers. Never really understood that.

Also, and hey, I'm just wonderin, cause I wore jeans and t-shirts back when I could, if you can wear what you want, why rag on the guy just he doesn't conform to your standard. If he or she's a professional, who cares?

Oh yeah, biggest loser....

Eagle Capt. who thought he could just skip the before start checklist ( or whatever it's called on an ATR) because, in his words, "Didn't you just preflight the cockpit?" Uh yeah, my side. Stellar.

I allways wear my hat when I have my "uniform" on.........although it's either a Red Sox or ExxonMobil Aviation hat......

I LOVE FLYING CORPORATE :)

Originally Posted by T-Gates
Biggest Losers I have run into....

4. Same FO, who decided it was appropriate cockpit conversation to talk about how he only likes to have anal sex.

Is your copilot names Shalam?

Hell, I've got a few of these.

I'm a brand new LR-25 FO, maybe 40 hours in the airplane, 1400 TT, and I'm flying with this Riddle captain whom I've been warned about prior to the trip. We're positioning to Blythville, AR, to pick up some pax and take them somewhere. Ugly IFR, plane is empty, I'm flying. I'm procedure turn outbound on an NDB approach when said captain looks at me and says, "Hey, I have no idea where we are." At first I thought he was kidding, testing me, whatever.....so I pointed to him on the plate where we are, and explain it to him. He then says something like, "Oh wow, thanks. I sure am glad you knew." I almost pi$$ed myself. Over the next bit, I discovered that this guy didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Another f-ing tool I flew with at Mesa, this guy had a voicemail on his phone that was something like this: "Hello, this is Captain (last name) with Mesa Airlines. I'm probably flying my regional jet right now so leave a message after the beep." First time I heard this, I probably called it about 20 times and played it for everyone around me, who proceeded to laugh their a$$es off with me.

gordon24 said:
Okay, I'll throw mine out there:

1. Capt. that reaches for the gear handle and sits there with his/her hand on it until you say "Gear down". I usually wait until the last possible second just to piss them off.

HA HA HA ...AMEN! (sounds so familiar)

AZ Typed said:
HA HA HA ...AMEN! (sounds so familiar)
yep......I HATED that as a copilot too. Just put down the f-ing flaps/gear and shut the f up!!! Complain if it's unsafe, offer suggestions, but no, I am not a carbon f-ing copy of you!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back