Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was flight instructing quite a few years back, but remember this one guy. He came in wearing a complete pilot uniform and wanted to get a ride in a C-152. We go up flying, thinking this guy knows what he's doing, on a less than perfect day weather wise. At first he seemed a little lost, but I just assumed it was because he was unfamiliar. Unfamiliar was an understatement, as he applied power for T/O, he froze. I took over and got he plane in the air. Once he calmed down I gave him back the controls, same thing, he froze again. Now I think somethings quite funny here, so I asked him who he flies for. His answer almost brought me to tears from laughing- he was a school bus driver.

avoidingmyboss said:
An a-hole who did my IOE at my last job. I heard he lost a job at JB for dropping too many f-bombs in front of the CEO. Then asked if he could be the head union guy. He at least could have waited until his 3rd day of ground school. (Allegedly).
You're saying the guy farted his way out of job? Wow...that's original. The head union guy thing, yea...there's one in every crowd. We just lost one like that.

avoidingmyboss said:
2 jobs ago there was a guy who the CP drove to the airport and he flew his run. Then got into the crew car and got a DUI on the way to the crackshack.
What are you saying? That the CP drove a drunk pilot to the airport and then the CP flew the guys run for the pilot, then the pilot drove the car back to base and got busted for DUI? That's sad...how much would cab fare have been?

Way2Broke said:
I fly freight and I have a SIC (one that pays for time) that shows up in a pilot uniform when we can wear shorts and a t-shirt. What a loser. Anyone else have good stories?

That sounds familiar. My Riddle guy was a payfer also. Only guy in the company that wore a uniform. I didn't want him there and certainly didn't need him. The only thing I can add is that my guy wore gloves. You know, the ones with the fingers cut off. He would be telling a flying story (with his 250TT) and I would say "really, wow, did you have your gloves on when that happened"?

Anyway, this guy tried his hardest to kill me on several occasions. So that's always fun. I would tell him "I may kill myself, but I'm not going to let you kill me".

2Green said:
The only thing I can add is that my guy wore gloves. You know, the ones with the fingers cut off. He would be telling a flying story (with his 250TT) and I would say "really, wow, did you have your gloves on when that happened"?

Anyway, this guy tried his hardest to kill me on several occasions. So that's always fun. I would tell him "I may kill myself, but I'm not going to let you kill me".

I guess after paying Riddle's prices for tuition, buying a pair of gloves with fingers would have been a stretch. :D

2Green said:
... He would be telling a flying story (with his 250TT) and I would say "really, wow, did you have your gloves on when that happened"?

Thats hilarious.

I'm an instructor for a certain bank check expediator. I've flown with some real idiots who came to our company hoping to fly cargo. And its nothing special that they are screwing up on, just basic instrument stuff. I flew with a guy who was a former used car salesman turned CFI. This guy was so arrogant about his abilities, even though I was constantly on his case about his 300 foot altitude deviations and one mile off course fluctuations. What a joke. After three days, we told him to take his greased hair back to New York.

Fuzzy_is_Hungry said:
This guy was so arrogant about his abilities, even though I was constantly on his case about his 300 foot altitude deviations and one mile off course fluctuations. What a joke. After three days, we told him to take his greased hair back to New York.

That's a good one Fuzz. Your 300 footer brings up another loser. Another rich kid, couldn't fly for sh!t. I would point out his alt dev and he would blame it on a frontal boundary crossing. I looked at him expecting to share a good laugh and then realized he was serious.

The same guy panicked during cruise (24k), complained that he was experiencing the bends, and demanded an emergency landing in a foreign country so he could catch his breath. A jumpseating DHC8 Capt saved the day, explaining that it's not the bends because he's not a diver. After the flight we had a chat and I told him that maybe being a pilot was not his calling. Same guy couldn't fly in to South America because his mom thought it was dangerous. I think he went to AirWis.

That's two losers for me. I think I'm in the lead. Or maybe I'm the biggest loser.

In Order Of Lameness:

1. those who wear their hat while driving home...beat that (you know who you are)

2. those who wear their hat in the crew room while eating lunch (you, too...know who you are)

3. FOs who wear their hat with a leather jacket with the FOM says you don't need to wear your hat (gaaaay)

4. those who don't let you read on a 3 hour leg - f u

5. those that warship the FOM over common sense

6. cocky - never shuts the "F" up (they're in both seats)

7. those that think *they* are the only pax on the plane, leave the seatbelt sign on at all times, are hard on the controls, use max brakes/rev thrust on 11,000 feet of runway, talk like they are a 30-year 777 captain on the PA...get a life

8. those with no hobby outside of flying - you also know who you are

9. those who are hippocrits, shot-gun, know-it-all types that are just pilots so they can use that line at the bar...omg

10. those who think the CRJ is a 747-400 - ha ha ha haa ha haaaa ha ha...cheeze 'n rice

This is hilarious!!! I won't drop names here but I've seen all the same stuff. Why is it that the most arrogant pilots on the ground are always the least skilled and biggest Nancy's in the air? Little talk=All walk I guess. Thank God for single pilot ops. Otherwise I might be forced to use the crash axe.

Keep 'em comin'

Latest resources

Back