Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, what exactly is VDP anyway???

IdRtherBsailing said:
Im surprised nobody mentioned the fact that you can go below DH if the runway lights are in sight..You may continue to 100ft and at that time must have the runway environment in sight to land. Approach lights are not the runway environment. Runway lights, reils, red terminating bars, or of course runway constitute the runway environment.

pgcfii2002 said:
Hey, what exactly is VDP anyway???

Visual Descent Point

Its basically a point on the approach where you should be able to proceed to visually so a normal landing can be made. ie if your shooting a VOR approach and the MAP is crossing the VOR which is on the field, I would be pointless going to the MAP if you are in a large, fast aircraft.

Thanks///

gkrangers said:

Thanks Greg

I found this and I am bored so here ya go

Sec. 91.175 - Takeoff and landing under IFR.
(a) Instrument approaches to civil airports.
Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, when an instrument letdown to a civil airport is necessary, each person operating an aircraft, except a military aircraft of the United States, shall use a standard instrument approach procedure prescribed for the airport in part 97 of this chapter.
(b) Authorized DH or MDA. For the purpose of this section, when the approach procedure being used provides for and requires the use of a DH or MDA, the authorized DH or MDA is the highest of the following:
(1) The DH or MDA prescribed by the approach procedure.
(2) The DH or MDA prescribed for the pilot in command.
(3) The DH or MDA for which the aircraft is equipped.
(c) Operation below DH or MDA. Where a DH or MDA is applicable, no pilot may operate an aircraft, except a military aircraft of the United States, at any airport below the authorized MDA or continue an approach below the authorized DH unless --
(1) The aircraft is continuously in a position from which a descent to a landing on the intended runway can be made at a normal rate of descent using normal maneuvers, and for operations conducted under part 121 or part 135 unless that descent rate will allow touchdown to occur within the touchdown zone of the runway of intended landing;
(2) The flight visibility is not less than the visibility prescribed in the standard instrument approach being used; and
(3) Except for a Category II or Category III approach where any necessary visual reference requirements are specified by the Administrator, at least one of the following visual references for the intended runway is distinctly visible and identifiable to the pilot:
(i) The approach light system, except that the pilot may not descend below 100 feet above the touchdown zone elevation using the approach lights as a reference unless the red terminating bars or the red side row bars are also distinctly visible and identifiable.
(ii) The threshold.
(iii) The threshold markings.
(iv) The threshold lights.
(v) The runway end identifier lights.
(vi) The visual approach slope indicator.
(vii) The touchdown zone or touchdown zone markings.
(viii) The touchdown zone lights.
(ix) The runway or runway markings. (x) The runway lights.

gkrangers said:

I know you know buddy. That was for everyone else and like I said bored and waaaay to much time on an overnight

IdRtherBsailing said:
I know you know buddy. That was for everyone else and like I said bored and waaaay to much time on an overnight
Gotcha...I would hope we all know..especially the ones with jobs. :D

Who is th ebiggest loser you have flown with?

His name is, oh wait, never mind, it was just a mirror, disregard.

Latest resources

Back