Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Way2Broke said:
I fly freight and I have a SIC (one that pays for time) that shows up in a pilot uniform when we can wear shorts and a t-shirt. What a loser. Anyone else have good stories?

I guess the biggest loser would be ur mom.

ABXbooger said:
I was a very junior FO at a large regional back in the day. Overnighting in MSN, which is always a good time. Captain was notorious for being an ultra dork(he wore nomex gloves when flying) so when asked what I was doing for dinner, I said "I am not sure if I am going to dinner, I'll call you if go." Needless to say I was going out, but wasn't going to call. When I went down to leave the hotel for dinner, he was sitting there waiting on me, got up as if we had planned it...I was trapped.

Now the best part................................

He was wearing a powder blue leisure suit, no joke. With white shoes, no joke.
All blue with a blue fabric belt and all. I think it was polyester.

What a dinner, I will never forget.

i heard of a guy like that at ACA, did he also wear his gloves while instructing at riddle? if so, you are correct, super tool!!!

When I first started on the 727 there was an F/O who I am fairley certin was trying to kill us! It would always make for interesting conversations between the crews at the hotel. He eventually made it to #1 F/O on the list and claimed the quality of life issue for not upgrading. He was a real tool.

CKJET said:
When I first started on the 727 there was an F/O who I am fairley certin was trying to kill us! It would always make for interesting conversations between the crews at the hotel. He eventually made it to #1 F/O on the list and claimed the quality of life issue for not upgrading. He was a real tool.
How about the FO who balanced the fuel on her 727 by dumping?

'Sled

LOL that is funny. I heard the story about 5 years ago and it was a UA DC-10 and she was Native American ... who got a tribal lawyer to represent her!

Last edited:
Lear Wanna Be said:
I actually think the gear thing is a pretty good idea! Every year there are several gear up landings at towered airports. How hard is it for the tower to say, "UAL776 check wheels down, cleared to land runway 11." Reply,"Roger, UAL776 cleared to land 11, gear in transit or gear down or holding the gear." Not that airline types are landing unintentional gear ups (except Great Lakes). Military types that have flown PAR approaches know that approach says something to the effect of, "over the final approach fix wheels should be down." Put that in the civilian world shooting an ASR approach, which is out of the norm for most of us. It is real easy to forget the gear. We are creatures of habit.

Well, when you are operating with a crew of two or three, following standardized checklists and flows, the aircraft needs a lot less power on approach, and the gear horn blaring in your ear, and the red light shining in my face. One thing if you are flying a Seneca or Mooney, but if you get to the point when flying a jet that the gear ain't down and locked and the tower has to remind you, yes then sir, you are a dumbass.

Latest resources

Back