Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyBoxFO said:
The School where I learned to fly had a women owner, that was a shade away for looking like a man, and she had at best a commercial rating. The school owned 2 cessna 152's and whenever she went to fly one she wore a military flight suit. I say again, she was a commercial pilot flying a 152.

You wouldn't be talking about the 'academy' at FWA by any chance?

mar said:
Some of the ex-military guys I fly with are my favorites.

But god dang. What's up with these poor souls who can't get it out of their heads they're flying civilian crap now?

--The guy who checks in with tower, "Gear down, full stop."

--The guy who refers to our "flight" as a "mission".

--The guy who thinks my training as a civilian is sub par because I've never experienced a pressure chamber.

Granted, some of these guys have seen combat but they just assume that I've never had to fly to save my life since I've never seen combat.

Get over it! You're freighter trash now!

Kinda reminds me of a school I interviewed with a while back..the receptionist referred to the Chief Pilot as being "up flying a sortie". Jesus...the guy was in a freaking C-152!!!

pgcfii2002 said:
Kinda reminds me of a school I interviewed with a while back..the receptionist referred to the Chief Pilot as being "up flying a sortie". Jesus...the guy was in a freaking C-152!!!

LOL..this wasn't at a flight school in Livermore, was it?

I was in AKR one day and there's some lady there that owns a flight school. It was a pretty crappy day out, and she told her instructors that they didn't have to worry about freezing rain because it would just bounce off the airplane.

I am the biggest loser for reading this entire thread in one sitting!

I did have a student who brought a night vision scope on night flights because it made him feel better about finding a suitable field for an emergency landing.

mar said:
Some of the ex-military guys I fly with are my favorites.

But god dang. What's up with these poor souls who can't get it out of their heads they're flying civilian crap now?

--The guy who checks in with tower, "Gear down, full stop."

--The guy who refers to our "flight" as a "mission".

I actually think the gear thing is a pretty good idea! Every year there are several gear up landings at towered airports. How hard is it for the tower to say, "UAL776 check wheels down, cleared to land runway 11." Reply,"Roger, UAL776 cleared to land 11, gear in transit or gear down or holding the gear." Not that airline types are landing unintentional gear ups (except Great Lakes). Military types that have flown PAR approaches know that approach says something to the effect of, "over the final approach fix wheels should be down." Put that in the civilian world shooting an ASR approach, which is out of the norm for most of us. It is real easy to forget the gear. We are creatures of habit.

After reading all these stories it makes me happy to still be part of a non FO required crew. However, my nominee is an inspector at DPA FSDO. Comes to work just about every day with a flight suit on. Bald head, goofy smile, and flight suit. He even has the velcro military style name tag. He is their safety guy, OMG really! Like feds don't dress bad enough. Then you get this guy who isn't even a rotorhead coming to work in a flightsuit. Stay far away from DPA if you can.

Latest resources

Back