• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where have all the TWA gone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's very humbling to hear all the great comments about our former employees. When people ask why I stayed there until the end, I'll point them to this thread!

Cheers,

X

PS 605,805

XTW said:
It's very humbling to hear all the great comments about our former employees. When people ask why I stayed there until the end, I'll point them to this thread!

Cheers,

X

PS 605,805

DITTO

WE NEED TO BRING TWA BACK!!!!!! I'm sure we all agree on this one;) !!!!!

any Vince the Prince TWA stories out there? I heard the guy was a riot!

fracpt said:
sorry to but in but I too was a fan of TWA then ATA etc. I am currently a "stlucian" looking for some info on USA 3000!! any info I could get would be great!

will you base out of STL?
How long of an upgrade?
How is the training?
What is the normal schedule? I hear there are several out andback?

thanks for any info you can get me!!! I knew lots of guys out at TWA after being a native CMSU alumni

FRACPT,

We just interviewed for about 50 seasonal pilots, although it appears that number will be reduced to about 25. We currently have a pilot base in STL and most of the trips are out & backs. Training is conducted at Airbus in MIA and is improving. By the way, I am a CMSU alum also!

"Whaddya mean we've got to stay on the LDA all the way to JOESS?!"

Thanks for the kind words all. XTW's right. THAT'S why we stayed. A friend who went to UAL always commented on the difference in the environments. At UAL the ops room was quiet and serious as they "planned their missions to Mars". At TWA the "ramp office" usually sounded like a riot was going on--or at least a Shriner's convention in Vegas. ;)

BTW, a few of us have migrated to corporate. Not planning on going back but I wasn't planning on getting laid off, either... :D ;) TC

CitationLover said:
any Vince the Prince TWA stories out there? I heard the guy was a riot!

None that can be shared on a public forum such as this!;) The guy was a riot to be with, not only in the cockpit, but in "social" settings. You either loved the guy, thought he was crazy, or both.

X

Latest resources

Back