• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where have all the TWA gone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have met quite a few ex TWA at AirTran.

5 of 22 in my newhire class in early June '04 at Airtran were ex-TWA. All great people and glad they could land another job, though I'm sure tough starting at the bottom, again.

I agree that there were quite a few great TWA'ers!!!!:cool: One story that comes to mind was when I was travelling aboard a 757, and being a pilot in training, I took a picture of the cockpit. The Captain saw this and invited me up. To my surprise, he got up at of his seat and told me to sit down. He then proceeded to explain and show me about the features of the A/C. Again to my surprise, he had me put in the flight plan back to JFK. What a thrill, I now it sounds pretty corny, but I thought it was pretty cool of him to do. This was in April of 2000, and he was to retire that May. One more thing, as I was leaving, the FA handefdme a bag with a couple of beers inside. She told me they were on the entire flight crew. To that entire crew, thanks a bunch and I'll cheers the beers for you guys. :D

Thank you for introducing this topic.

Most of us are doing fine. Some of us still in flying, some of us owning Dry Cleaning Shops.

The good news is that the spirit of TWA still lives. on. Recently I had the honor of being FO for guys that would have been my FO at TWA. Their superior training showed through. They got furloughed first, and so, became senior to me at the new job.

Guess what? Perfectly professional pilots.

Now, the bad news. Former pure AA guys ain't gonna make it out here in the real world. Bad attitudes, bad skills.

I LOVE running into old TWA guys on layovers!

Once I jumpseated on a TWA flight with my parents (who had coach tickets). After I spoke with the captain, I asked the lead if it would be alright if I sat in back with my folks. She said, "why don't you have them sit up here in first class with you?"

Yep, TWA was a class act.

I used to commute on TWA out of STL when I worked for Trans States. I never met a TWA pilot that wasn't a gentleman, always friendly and accommodating. After working with a number of them here at AirTran, I stand by that statement.

Most all of the Instructors at Flight Safety (STL) are ex-TWA guys. Top notch guys too.

ironspud said:
Thank you for introducing this topic.

Most of us are doing fine. Some of us still in flying, some of us owning Dry Cleaning Shops.

The good news is that the spirit of TWA still lives. on. Recently I had the honor of being FO for guys that would have been my FO at TWA. Their superior training showed through. They got furloughed first, and so, became senior to me at the new job.

Guess what? Perfectly professional pilots.

Now, the bad news. Former pure AA guys ain't gonna make it out here in the real world. Bad attitudes, bad skills.

I LOVE running into old TWA guys on layovers!

Five-forty, Seven-ninety.

Cheers from another red brother.

Latest resources

Back