Where have all the TWA gone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
"At UAL the ops room was quiet and serious as they "planned their missions to Mars". At TWA the "ramp office" usually sounded like a riot was going on--or at least a Shriner's convention in Vegas. ;)

TC

yea my buddy who jumped ship at TWA to go to Delta in 99 says their ramp office in ATL is called "The Morgue". i know when he is there because he is talking quiet on the phone. He says everyone looks at him if he pipes up. what a bunch of maroooons!!!

anyway after being told to leave ...i was at North American for almost two years and now at JetBlue.

at the peak i believe we had 20 at North American......can't even guess how many at JetBlue...anyone???

Guess what? Perfectly professional pilots.

Now, the bad news. Former pure AA guys ain't gonna make it out here in the real world. Bad attitudes, bad skills.

Hmm, never seen a group of people blowing as much sunshine up their own arses as the ex-TWA folks...:rolleyes:

about 20 or so of us are at Kalitta, I had 5 in my class. Though I had only met one of them prior to Kalitta, it was like we were best friends within minutes of meeting each other. That was the great thing about TWA, it was like a family. I'm honored to have been a part of TWA and will always remember it with great fondness.

I sure miss flying my cubicle at building one at MCI. Good luck to all you ex-TWA folks.

Man, this thread makes me even more depressed that TWA is gone. I only wish I could have flown with more TWA guys who could have taught me a few things. That's not blowing sunshine up your ass, either.

Latest resources

Back