• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When does CAL hiring starts again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll let everybody know bases/AC ASAP. I know all too well the waiting and hoping. As far as my flight time I have PIC 121, about 3200 prop&jet. However, it's all about who you know. I had three letters from line pilots for 1 year, but it took an executive to push me over. Once you get the interview, you have the job, REALLY, unless you tell them not to hire you. They consider you already part of the team. My interview process was extremely pleasant, and they must've said 20 times: relax, you made here already, so just be yourself and you'll be fine.

jetjockey#1 said:
I'll let everybody know bases/AC ASAP. I know all too well the waiting and hoping. As far as my flight time I have PIC 121, about 3200 prop&jet. However, it's all about who you know. I had three letters from line pilots for 1 year, but it took an executive to push me over. Once you get the interview, you have the job, REALLY, unless you tell them not to hire you. They consider you already part of the team. My interview process was extremely pleasant, and they must've said 20 times: relax, you made here already, so just be yourself and you'll be fine.

You say 121 PIC, but I'm wondering if your flight time had anything to do, or just the letters and an executive? Were you at a regional, or a major, furloughed etc.

I'm trying to figure out the quaility of time to get in the early group of hires??
I have a good friend I'm trying to get info too. Thanks
Where did you come from?

Last edited:
Jonny Sacko said:
You say 121 PIC, but I'm wondering if your flight time had anything to do, or just the letters and an executive? Were you at a regional, or a major, furloughed etc.

I'm trying to figure out the quaility of time to get in the early group of hires??
I have a good friend I'm trying to get info too. Thanks
Where did you come from?

Yes I come from a regional, with 4 types. However, you are right, my time means nothing, without letters and then some. It is all about somebody pushing you to the front of the line. I know it can be frustating, been there since April 05. But now it feels even better to know that I've got it.

If you have a friend in the inside tell him/her to drop a line to KD, he's the man.

I didn't know anyone but line pilots. None of them Captains. Just be persistent. I made two visits to Continental Chiefs myself. 9 online recs, two guys walked my resume in, and I had a third standing by, but got the call before he had the chance. Just keep at it!

proposed class dates

This comes from the membership section of CAL ALPA​

September:
Sept. 6, 2006
Sept. 12, 2006
Sept. 28, 2006​

October:​

Oct. 3, 2006
Oct. 10, 2006
Oct. 17, 2006
Oct. 24, 2006
Oct. 31, 2006​

November:​

Nov. 7, 2006
Nov. 14, 2006
Nov. 28, 2006​

December:​

Dec. 5, 2006
Dec. 12, 2006
Dec. 19, 2006
* This is a tentative list of new hire classes for pilots as known on August 15. As always with the company, subject to change at a moments notice.

I'd guess anywhere from 8-16 per class...but that's just my personal guess.​

yes that IS impressive.......good news!

Offical word today at the EWR LEC meeting is 36 for SEP and then 60 month until April 07.

Latest resources

Back