• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When does CAL hiring starts again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eyeballing the Nov bid list, the 10/03 class had 12 as well.

4 757 EWR
4 737 EWR
4 737 IAH

"rumor" has it there could be some 777 EWR in the Dec class(es)

Waiting for the call

After you input all the info into the airlineapps for CAL is there anything else you can do to distinguish yourself from all the others. I have 5 recommendations on file 2 are from CAL line pilots. Thanks.

Eyeballing the Nov bid list, the 10/03 class had 12 as well.

4 757 EWR
4 737 EWR
4 737 IAH

"rumor" has it there could be some 777 EWR in the Dec class(es)

do you think it would be a bad idea to pick 777 ( if given a chance) the first year?

Well you will be on reserve foreEVER!! any you will not fly, when you get called you will most likely be an IRO. So that means you have to go down to IAH every 3 months to get landing current in the sim.

Depends on where you live, and if you have a family. If you have a family and live within a realistic two hour drive of EWR (say anywhere between PHL and BDL) the 777 FO on reserve in EWR is about the best job out there if you like to spend time with your family. If you do not live within two hours of EWR plan on spending many many long days staring at the walls of your crash pad with 4-10 smelly guys instead of playing soccer with your kids.

do you think it would be a bad idea to pick 777 ( if given a chance) the first year?

If you live (or will live) in the EWR area, the 777 might not be too bad. You'll never fly and practically never work. I have no idea how long you'd be on reserve, but it would be measured in years, I imagine. So you can fully expect to receive the min guaruntee while on rsv and with 1st year pay, that really sucks. If I understand right (and someone please correct me), you'll be stuck on that a/c for two years before you can "bid down" to the 737 or 756 fleets. I personally wouldn't bid it, but then I also wouldn't walk out of class if assigned it, either.

CWS,

You need to have one of your pilot recs go into a cheif pilot and talk to them to get you moved up onto the "short list"
. Having recs filled out on airline apps does nothing to get your file noticed.

If you live (or will live) in the EWR area, the 777 might not be too bad. You'll never fly and practically never work. I have no idea how long you'd be on reserve, but it would be measured in years, I imagine. So you can fully expect to receive the min guaruntee while on rsv and with 1st year pay, that really sucks. If I understand right (and someone please correct me), you'll be stuck on that a/c for two years before you can "bid down" to the 737 or 756 fleets. I personally wouldn't bid it, but then I also wouldn't walk out of class if assigned it, either.

CWS,

You need to have one of your pilot recs go into a cheif pilot and talk to them to get you moved up onto the "short list"
. Having recs filled out on airline apps does nothing to get your file noticed.

Not necessarily...I am an 05 hire and would be around 85-90% in EWR on the 777.and with PBS it is not to far from the G line. Also the bid in January will probably have 22 more vacancies with the addition of 2 more 777s

Also if you goto the 777 you can bid only to upgrade on any other aircraft(737) as you said be frozen for 2 years. Hope this helps.

Not necessarily...I am an 05 hire and would be around 85-90% in EWR on the 777.and with PBS it is not to far from the G line. Also the bid in January will probably have 22 more vacancies with the addition of 2 more 777s

Also if you goto the 777 you can bid only to upgrade on any other aircraft(737) as you said be frozen for 2 years. Hope this helps.

I agree, but I believe the 777 will slowly go more senior over the next couple of years as opposed to the current bid. What a mid '05 hire is able to hold in a couple years vs what a late 06 or early 07 hire could be completely different. JMO, and definately not scientific.

Just out of curiosity, why is Continental doing so much hiring? Are they growing that fast, or losing that many pilots to retirement? When the other legacies start hiring again, hopefully in the near future, can we expect any hiring to be done near the degree of Continental?

Thanks for the 777 responses.......just curious questions

Latest resources

Back