Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMBpilot

When does CAL hiring start again?

Does anyone know when is the next class?

And if my friend has an interview next week any idea when his class might start?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hiring has already started in Early August

Hiring is supposed to have started this month. Approx. 60 a month til next summer with 500 to be hired. This cycle is supposed to countinue for the next couple of years at least.

A new class starts on the 12th of Sept. Don't know about any others.

Congrats Jet Jockey, if you don't mind me asking, where did you come from? Do you have lots of PIC time, and how many recommendations did you have. Thanks

You don't need any PIC at CAL. I know 4 new hires who don't even have ATP's. You must however be WELL connected. Line pilot reco's does not = well connected. Look for training center and Smith Street folks and you can get an interview. After the interview, you have about an 80% chance of getting the job.

ATRCA said:
You don't need any PIC at CAL. I know 4 new hires who don't even have ATP's. You must however be WELL connected. Line pilot reco's does not = well connected. Look for training center and Smith Street folks and you can get an interview. After the interview, you have about an 80% chance of getting the job.

I think you meant no TURBINE PIC Time....

Pilot Positions
Thank you for your interest in joining the Continental team. Continental anticipates the need to hire a significant number of pilots during the second half of 2006.
The following are the minimum qualifications to apply for a pilot position:
  • 1,500 hours fixed-wing total flight time
  • 1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet
  • 1,000 hours fixed-wing turbine time
  • 1,000 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time (civilian or military) or 1,000 hours single-engine military fighter jet time
  • A current ATP written exam
  • A current first class FAA medical
  • A current passport
  • A Bachelor's degree is highly desired

jetjockey#1 said:
I know there is a class starting Sept. 6th. I am in it.

Congrats!

Would you mind posting the Base/Equipment assignments after you start? Enquiring minds want to know!

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

We have classes running (about) every week. Although things may seem quiet externally, it is going double time in Houston, Seattle, Miami and Dallas where we are often renting additional sim time. You can get an interview with a referral from a line pilot and they are taken very seriously. Any connections you can make with a Continental team member can assist you greatly in your networking efforts. Our internal referral process is fantastic but with the number of resumes on file and referrals in it can take some time. Keep updating online and make any effort to meet Continental folks. Interviews are done at all bases CLE,EWR and IAH. If you get an interview go up and meet the flight crew they may just be a person from the training center or HQS. Good luck--- this is a great place to be.

Latest resources

Back