• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the problem with GJ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I have done my time flying around in the middle of the weather. Dealing with a severely underpowered A/C that will not climb at the mere whisper of the word "ice". Shooting approaches to minimums every single day for 3 weeks solid. I feel that I have paid my dues and am ready to move on. I don't feel that I am stepping on anyones toes to go after this job. Yes, it will be a huge paycut for me to do this. But, it would be a paycut at every single Regional out there. Has anyone ever thought that the Regionals are taking away flying from the Majors?? How do you think those guys feel?? They could say that ALL Regionals were/are bringing down the industry as a whole. Is it not taking away THEIR flying?? I have friends that do fly for the Majors and every single one of them told me to go for it!!! So, I am. There is no way anyone is going to make me feel guilty about it either. It's like I tell my current co-workers that are constantly complaining about having to fly (they generally "work" 30 hours a month) "If you don't like how you are being treated...go start your own airline/ 135 company." Maybe when I start my training I will do what I did to my current co-workers and bring a box of pacifiers and start handing them out when I hear all of the crying. It worked for them. They don't whine when I'm around anymore. I would love to make 100k a year. Hell, who wouldn't?? But, I love flying and the way the industry is today is just the way it is. If I don't go for this job, some other guy will. I stood my ground and didn't apply at Skywest and it got me nowhere. I'm not going to make that mistake again. This industry is full of ups and downs. Things are always changing and I feel that this job will enhance my Resume not put a smudge on it. Whew, I feel better now........................"

WOW........it must be nice knowing that you are hated by the majority of professional pilots out there (Majors and Regionals). To know that this airline will be your last stop in your ever so short career. No matter how much dues you think you have paid.......which is not much even if your time is correct on your bio. To think that you have the right to stomp on other peoples careers and families to supercede their seniority is selfish and arrogant. BUT......you have made your choice and I hope you can stomach it because the TSA pilots can NOT and will not back down from this fight. In the end you will either quit like a pansy after you are put on our seniority list or you will stay and hate the rest of your professional career as you see the TSA pilots who have ACTUALLY paid their dues get better jobs and can walk down the terminal without their ID's covered or backwards. Unfortunately there will probably be your kind around forever.........eager to stab anybody in the back to further yourself instead of playing by the rules. Remember even the lil white stuff on top of chickensh*t is still sh*t.

I have paid my dues and am ready to move on

And do you think G-jet is the place to do that?

Remember, NO contract: Heck working for Hulas at TSA with a contract is still bottom of the barrel lifestyle.

And yes, the mark is on you when you work there. Do you really want to walk around the airports with your Company I.D. in your pocket, or spend a two hour turn cowering in the CRJ700 while your flight attendant goes and gets the burgers?

Whatever...

As for the weak scope language, sure it was weak. No one knew that a holding company existed at the time!

The logic of you people trying to blame the g-jet problem on the TSA pilots is a pathetic attempt of shifting the attention. Do you think you can trust a management team that would do something like this with your future?

flyboyzii said:
......I have done my time flying around in the middle of the weather. Dealing with a severely underpowered A/C that will not climb at the mere whisper of the word "ice". Shooting approaches to minimums every single day for 3 weeks solid. I feel that I have paid my dues and am ready to move on. I don't feel that I am stepping on anyones toes to go after this job. Yes, it will be a huge paycut for me to do this. But, it would be a paycut at every single Regional out there. Has anyone ever thought that the Regionals are taking away flying from the Majors?? How do you think those guys feel?? They could say that ALL Regionals were/are bringing down the industry as a whole. Is it not taking away THEIR flying?? I have friends that do fly for the Majors and every single one of them told me to go for it!!! So, I am. There is no way anyone is going to make me feel guilty about it either. It's like I tell my current co-workers that are constantly complaining about having to fly (they generally "work" 30 hours a month) "If you don't like how you are being treated...go start your own airline/ 135 company." Maybe when I start my training I will do what I did to my current co-workers and bring a box of pacifiers and start handing them out when I hear all of the crying. It worked for them. They don't whine when I'm around anymore. I would love to make 100k a year. Hell, who wouldn't?? But, I love flying and the way the industry is today is just the way it is. If I don't go for this job, some other guy will. I stood my ground and didn't apply at Skywest and it got me nowhere. I'm not going to make that mistake again. This industry is full of ups and downs. Things are always changing and I feel that this job will enhance my Resume not put a smudge on it. Whew, I feel better now.

This sounds like flaim bait to me.

jetfo said:
What will you guys be calling the pilots that get hired after that date?
If I'm on the hiring panel, I'd call them "passed-over" for another, more morally- and ethically- inclined applicant.

Lear70 said:
If I'm on the hiring panel, I'd call them "passed-over" for another, more morally- and ethically- inclined applicant.

But...you arent on the hiring panel...so your opinion doesnt count.:D

jetfo said:
And, to you TSA guys out there, let's remember that Trans States Holding and your weak scope language, along with your unwillingness to come to an agreement with your employer has led you to your current circumstance.

We can't come to an agreement with someone who won't talk to us. Management has avoided an actual negotiation every step of the way on this issue, they made one single offer that was a slap in the face to everyone, and then said, "that's it." It is not our unwillingness to come to an agreement, it is their unwillingness to work with their own employees.

flyer172r said:
We can't come to an agreement with someone who won't talk to us. Management has avoided an actual negotiation every step of the way on this issue, they made one single offer that was a slap in the face to everyone, and then said, "that's it." It is not our unwillingness to come to an agreement, it is their unwillingness to work with their own employees.

Sorry but you are not making sense. If you voted on something, then you had negotiations. How do you think an agreement was reached? How many times do you see MEC's just blindly putting out company proposals to a vote without a negotiation? My recollection from talking to friends at TSA was not only was there a negotiation but it even included ALPA National as an arbitrator. You guys had your chance and apparently listened to those who told you there is ALWAYS another offer after a no vote. Too bad that is not always true. I think you really need to question your leaders because it looks like you guys keep getting bad advice.

Why do you bash ALPA and our lovely TSA management to make yourself feel beter? Every regional is gonna be hurt by the lowlifes at HoJet, maybe not right away, but soon. So my question is, Why not back the guys at TSA to improve all our working conditions?

Latest resources

Back