• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the problem with GJ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whether you fit under the definition of a SCAB is irrelevant. Once you are placed on the scab list, it does not really matter if you fit the definition or not. Some pilots take the list seriously, and I am not talking about jumpseating only. You don't think that some CP at 121 carriers keep a SCAB list? Guess what they do when they get applications from pilots on the SCAB list? And even if you slip by the CP and you get hired. Some check airmen keep a list as well, and guess what's gonna happen on your checkride? Your life is going to get much harder should one day your job at ************************* disappears.

silver8 said:
Whether you fit under the definition of a SCAB is irrelevant. Once you are placed on the scab list, it does not really matter if you fit the definition or not. Some pilots take the list seriously, and I am not talking about jumpseating only. You don't think that some CP at 121 carriers keep a SCAB list? Guess what they do when they get applications from pilots on the SCAB list? And even if you slip by the CP and you get hired. Some check airmen keep a list as well, and guess what's gonna happen on your checkride? Your life is going to get much harder should one day your job at ************************* disappears.

The GJ pilots have not been, nor will they be placed on the ALPA Master Scab List...

h25b said:
The GJ pilots have not been, nor will they be placed on the ALPA Master Scab List...

ALPA does not publish scab lists because of the legal ramifications it carries. Scab lists are usually compiled and published by private individuals and distributed to whoever wants them. I've seen the Eastern and Freedom scab lists and there is a Go Jets scab list currently being compiled on the website that I mentioned in an earlier thread. It includes names and adresses of those currently on the Go Jets seniority list.

logolight said:
ALPA does not publish scab lists because of the legal ramifications it carries. Scab lists are usually compiled and published by private individuals and distributed to whoever wants them. I've seen the Eastern and Freedom scab lists and there is a GJs scab list currently being compiled on the website that I mentioned in an earlier thread. It includes names and adresses of those currently on the GJs seniority list.

I have no idea why, but something about how you guys like to blur the line by mis-defining a "Scab" really is aggravating. Last time I read the GJ List (for entertainment purposes) it even said on it that they WERE NOT scabs. You ARE either a scab or ARE NOT a scab. The GJ list is just a list... It's not a scab list. Of course there are those few (and I do mean FEW) pilots out there that will treat it as such. Furthermore, the GJ pilots HAVE NOT been added to the ALPA Master Scab List.

Please don't throw around terms you don't understand.

Last edited:
silver8 said:

What a bunch of hogwash...Just trying to use scare tactics to keep people from applying at Go-Jet, under the belief that will somehow work to keep them from filling classes. From everything I have heard that is not happening. Don't let this silliness stop you from applying at any airline including Go-Jet if you think you will qualify. Except for the same disguntled group of TSA pilots and the various assorted other ALPA lackeys on this board most people just don't give a SH...t about the whole issue. So apply where you want build time and move on it won't be a problem.

what other airlines fit into this scab category? any?

btw, I'm not calling gj a scab airline. don't know anthing about this, just trying to get some info.

logolight said:
ALPA does not publish scab lists because of the legal ramifications it carries.
This is not correct. ALPA has published SCAB lists in the past, and I'm sure will do the same in the future if it becomes necessary. The last time it was done was during the EAL strike in '89-'90. Several of the scumbag SCABs sued ALPA National for allowing the EAL MEC to publish the lists, and ALPA's right to publish these lists was upheld by the court.

That being said, the HoJets pseudo-scabs are not truly SCABs, so they won't be added to the master list. That isn't to say that lists aren't passed around, but they aren't on the SCAB list itself. The Freedumb pilots aren't on the master SCABlist either, but I and many other pilots carry a list of them and don't hesitate to check it whenever a Mesa pilot requests a jumpseat.

h25b said:
I have no idea why, but something about how you guys like to blur the line by mis-defining a "Scab" really is aggravating. Last time I read the GJ List (for entertainment purposes) it even said on it that they WERE NOT scabs. You ARE either a scab or ARE NOT a scab. The GJ list is just a list... It's not a scab list. Of course there are those few (and I do mean FEW) pilots out there that will treat it as such. Furthermore, the GJ pilots HAVE NOT been added to the ALPA Master Scab List.

Please don't throw around terms you don't understand.

I agree, they are not scabs as defined. But whether they're scabs or not, you're one of the only people on this message board who is defending them and I just don't know why that is.

PCL_128 said:
This is not correct. ALPA has published SCAB lists in the past, and I'm sure will do the same in the future if it becomes necessary. The last time it was done was during the EAL strike in '89-'90. Several of the scumbag SCABs sued ALPA National for allowing the EAL MEC to publish the lists, and ALPA's right to publish these lists was upheld by the court.

That being said, the HoJets pseudo-scabs are not truly SCABs, so they won't be added to the master list. That isn't to say that lists aren't passed around, but they aren't on the SCAB list itself. The Freedumb pilots aren't on the master SCABlist either, but I and many other pilots carry a list of them and don't hesitate to check it whenever a Mesa pilot requests a jumpseat.

ALPA may have published a scab list at one time but it is my understanding that they will no longer publish them because of leagality issues. It's just what I heard. Check it out and let me know.

I think people are missunderstanding the issues involved with GJ's. GJ's is a deliberate and successful attempt to offer major carriers lower pay rates for express contracts. The main issue here is lower pay scales and poor work rules. As "alter ego" companies are allowed to grow, it increases the number of lower paid pilots and reduces the number of higher paid union pilots over time. This is the race to the bottom as we all know it. At the personal level, the issue is do you just want a job or are you willing to apply at higher paid airlines. That said, why is it O.K. for us to continue to drop our wages closer and closer to minimum wage? We've all worked hard for this opportunity so lets make sure we're compensated for it.

Latest resources

Back