• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the problem with GJ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must be gettin tough over there at G j getting people to work for your POS airline. They are even getting the the so called pilots from there to try to pass the coolaid onto everybody else on this board.

You guys made a mistake and it will show in due time........

Shrek said:
You guys made a mistake and it will show in due time........

It's gett'n tough everywhere fella. The biggest mistake we all made was getting in to aviation in the first place... Going to work at GJ is a minor mistake by comparison.:rolleyes:

So if GJ closes down and they have to move on, so what ??? Like that's never happened before. :rolleyes:

The whole d--- regional industry is embarrassing. The going on about TSA and GJ just highlights more of the immaturity and division of this segment of the industry.

I have seen it posted many times before on this subject. What goes around comes around. You get upset when GJ/TSA or who ever lose flying to a low cost alternative? Who do you think has been the low cost alternative for the vast amount of mainline flying that has dissappeared?

The regional industry is going to be if not already, the bulk of schedule flying employment. CAREER! No more just here until the mainline guys call me. As Sh-tty as i know it is at TSA and most other regionals you got bigger problems then trying to deter people from taking a job at GJ. THat agenda will not work.

smokey999 said:
Speak for yourself. If you feel it's such a big mistake.......Get out. Oh, and by the way, checking out flightinfo every day and posting thousands of times will make you a complete waste of space. Oops, already got that accomplished. (No offense to some of the diehards here that post relivent and non-biased information)

First of all it's "relevant" not "relivent" ... I'm not that big on spelling, but when trying to insult someone it's always better to at least seem more intelligent than the target of your anger... Second, (for at least the 3-4 time) I'm not trying to say that the GJ pilots are the best thing for the industry or situation. But the fact, and yes I know it's rare on the regionals' board, is that the GJ pilots are not scabs. Furthermore, I doubt those of them that are otherwise qualified will have a problem moving on to other airlines. Go ahead and read through the Master Scab List, it's got a ton of FedEx, UPS, Continental pilots on it. The GJ pilots aren't even on that list. You threatening them amounts to little more than a, "my daddy can beat up your daddy..."

You were eluding to the idea that my information is biased, for the record I don't work for TSA, GJ, or any other "regional" airline for that matter. Which I would think makes my opinions the most unbiased.

During my time here on this board I've helped about 4 complete strangers gain good paying, full-time positions and mailed out countless items free of charge to people that needed things that I no longer use (study materials, old headsets, pilot's manuals, etc)... I suppose you're probably the type that would try and sell an old Saab 340 manual you got for free rather than give it away. So I'll go on being a "waste of space" ... Coming from you I can't really take it too seriously I mean, really...:eek:

smokey999 said:
Here's the deal. I was charged with DUI. Went to court for the license hearing to fight the automatic license revocation. I won and they recinded the revocation, or overturned it, and refunded the fines I had to pay to get it back. I was offered a dry careless.(careless without any notation of alcohol) My DMV report just says "careless driving". I just had an interview at a regional. (I know this is the majors category, but I thought some of the people browsing here might have a good answer too.) Was asked over the phone, any alcohol driving offenses? I answered no. Asked any violations? I said I have a careless driving. On the application I checked that my drivers license has never been suspended or revoked. If by some reason the NDR screwed up and didn't remove the revocation, do you think this would come across as me lying? Also, even though the careless driving stemmed from a DUI, it is not an "alcohol offense". Do you think they would see it the same way. I was never asked about it in the interview, surprisingly.

I guess we all know why "relivent and non-biased information" is so important to you... My wife was nearly killed by drunk driver a few years ago. Just had yet another surgery last Christmas to remove one of the plates they used to put her arm back together.. Oh yeah, and we had to pay for the whole thing as well, because like a regional pilot he had no money and little insurance.. :angryfire

But I'm glad you got your license back and can be here to grace us all with your wealth of common sense and good judgement...:rolleyes: With any luck you'll be successful at a regional airline interview and will be out terrorizing the skies, not just the roads. Evidently, an automobile isn't quite lethal enough for you... Gotta go now, my wife just woke up and it's time to go watch her dump that stuff in to her eye since the accident, oops, I mean attempted murder, severed her tear duct as well.

In case you're wondering, yes, you struck a nerve...

Last edited:
Gosh!! I hope when they update the SCAB list that they spell my name correctly. But, please for the love of God be careful when you key my car. The paint is the only thing holding it together. I wouldn't want any spilled blood at my expense. My insurance is high enough the way it is.

You know, it seems to me that people like me get blamed for "bringing down the industry" I am a little sick of hearing it. I was going to apply for Skywest> I have many former students that fly there. But, they didn't pay for training so I said that I was not going to "bring down the industry" in that manner. Well, I missed that boat. G/J gives me an opportunity to:
1.) move on up in my career (the scab lists, threats etc... don't worry me)

2.) move back a little closer to my family and friends

3.) fly above the wx instead of IN it

......I have done my time flying around in the middle of the weather. Dealing with a severely underpowered A/C that will not climb at the mere whisper of the word "ice". Shooting approaches to minimums every single day for 3 weeks solid. I feel that I have paid my dues and am ready to move on. I don't feel that I am stepping on anyones toes to go after this job. Yes, it will be a huge paycut for me to do this. But, it would be a paycut at every single Regional out there. Has anyone ever thought that the Regionals are taking away flying from the Majors?? How do you think those guys feel?? They could say that ALL Regionals were/are bringing down the industry as a whole. Is it not taking away THEIR flying?? I have friends that do fly for the Majors and every single one of them told me to go for it!!! So, I am. There is no way anyone is going to make me feel guilty about it either. It's like I tell my current co-workers that are constantly complaining about having to fly (they generally "work" 30 hours a month) "If you don't like how you are being treated...go start your own airline/ 135 company." Maybe when I start my training I will do what I did to my current co-workers and bring a box of pacifiers and start handing them out when I hear all of the crying. It worked for them. They don't whine when I'm around anymore. I would love to make 100k a year. Hell, who wouldn't?? But, I love flying and the way the industry is today is just the way it is. If I don't go for this job, some other guy will. I stood my ground and didn't apply at Skywest and it got me nowhere. I'm not going to make that mistake again. This industry is full of ups and downs. Things are always changing and I feel that this job will enhance my Resume not put a smudge on it. Whew, I feel better now.

Bankangle said:
As Sh-tty as i know it is at TSA and most other regionals you got bigger problems then trying to deter people from taking a job at GJ. THat agenda will not work.

That is exactly the attitude that is creating our "bigger problems". When airlines like Go Jets keep turning up it damages the opportunity for everyone else to benefit from union pay scales and work rules. It's letting operations like Go Jets continue to operate and grow that will eventualy push the better paid union carriers aside and employ minimum wage pilots with only 8 days off per month.

Why shouldn't this be a priority for us who want the integrity of our jobs protected?

This thread gets more amusing every day. It won't be long until IBT or ALPA will welcome the GJets into their fold, just like Freedom. What will you guys be calling the pilots that get hired after that date? A little less non-scab than the non-scabs that are there now?!?

And, to you TSA guys out there, let's remember that Trans States Holding and your weak scope language, along with your unwillingness to come to an agreement with your employer has led you to your current circumstance.

flyboyzii said:
I don't feel that I am stepping on anyones toes to go after this job. Yes, it will be a huge paycut for me to do this. But, it would be a paycut at every single Regional out there.

I typically don't post on this sight, but I felt this deserved a response. I understand everyone is looking out for themselves, so is life, but there are lots of more educated ways to do it. When I came to TSA we were growing like gang busters and I was excited that I found a descent place to fly. I too was a freight dog and did my homework before applying to the regionals. TSA management finally pulled the last straw in the pilots patience and we've said enough is enough. I consider myself middle of the road, neither a big union or management buff. With a little bit of homework, it's not hard for people to figure out what the tsa pilot group is trying to do. Our goal would be easily feasible (a slightly better letter of agreement) if pilots would stick together. Why support an airline that is kicking a pilot group in the teeth when you don't have to. There are other "better" options, Chaut., Exp. Jet etc. Despite what you would like to think, you are stepping on toes. For example, my (and hundreds of other tsa fo's) upgrade. I was suppose to be captain in just a couple months a couple months ago. Now since you and others are supporting g jet, management has no need to talk to us anymore. It looks like the right seat for me for a few more years. Oh, and about the pay. I make more than you doing the same job in a smaller airplane. Have fun with that and try letting your conscience be your guide.

flyboyzii,

You sound like you have the experience to go anywhere you want, so why accept a job from a company that you know has a poor (deserved or not, although mostly deserved) reputation among the pilot group? there are plenty of other companies out there who fly the same equipment but with better contracts. why would someone spend 3-5yrs in hell with crap benifits when you can spend 3-5yrs in hell with good benifits somewhere else? make sure you wear your gj id with pride.

Latest resources

Back