Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest thing a crew has ever asked or requested?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kack,

You should tell the story about the FA that called you expressing his concern about unpressurized flight.

Anywho, I had a FA call me last night demanding that I swap her deadhead flight to another aircraft, because she was tired of waiting for her aircraft to arrive. She couldn't grasp the concept that aircraft are routed to certain places for operational purposes and she continued to complain that she had plans and that she was going to miss out if I didn't do this swap. When i told her no she flipped the hell out and started blaming me for ruining her plans. WTFO?

i had a night where the dest runway was plowed 60 ft wide with poor ba and remainder ba nil on the runway. dispatcher released us without looking at the wx or notmas which happens a lot. upon calling to discuss changing our dest. the dipatcher said that it would be ok all i had to do was stay on the plowed part and not go into the snow on landing, as if i am that good of a pilot i can control absolutly every possible outcome on landing. btw our ops specs says no operating at an airport if any surfaces ba is reported nill.

all i ask is read the wx and notams as 99% of dispatchers do but if one gets by ya don't try to talk a crew into going anyway.

also before this job no dispatchers, now life is much easier and better.

Captain got selected for random drug test. Called dispatch to ask what he should do because he just went to the bathroom and he didn't have to go now. Was told to go get something to drink and wait until he has to pee!

Two phone calls that I remember well:

"Why don't we get breakfast at the hotel anymore?" This person never stated who he was or what hotel he was talking about. I'm just supposed to know who it is. I don't get breakfast either. Life's tough and I'm hungry too.

"Hey, do my pants need to be cuffed?" Yes, but not at the same time.

Last edited:
Then there was the time a dispatcher tried to send us to FAR with a 30 kt crosswind and braking action poor to nil. Oh yeah............we had a TR deferred.

It goes both ways....................................

AF :cool:

Then there was the time a dispatcher tried to send us to FAR with a 30 kt crosswind and braking action poor to nil. Oh yeah............we had a TR deferred.

It goes both ways....................................

AF :cool:

oops....sorry!!!

Just kidding, it wasn't me, I PROMISE!!!

CA: "Uh yeah hi for flight XXX I'd like to get another 1,000 lbs of fuel onboard"

Me: "You don't have your release yet..."

CA: "Well god-dam son, can't we just say like 26.7? We gotta get goin' here soon..."

i hate the heavily used, not often needed comfort card.

That whole " I'm not comfortable" bull$hit is nonsense. Captains and Dispatchers are Part 121 professional airmen. They ought to be able to cleary enumerate and weigh the risks associated with each operation. They also ought to be able to convey that information to whomever. If they couldn't they didn't get what they wanted. If I couldn't then the flight got released.

Comfort fuel. What a concept.

Hell, I wish I had a comfortable chair to sit in at work. Nevermind doing 50 or 60 releases a day due to sick calls and turnover and central load control while management breathes down my neck about using "so much fuel". I love my job this much: make the "okay" symbol with your right hand. Note index finger and thumb position. That's how much I like it.

Edit: Yes, I am looking to get out so don't even ask.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back