Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest thing a crew has ever asked or requested?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really.... I can do my job without any dispatchers, can you do yours without any pilots?

Really... you must be flying 135 or supplemental.

Really.... I can do my job without any dispatchers, can you do yours without any pilots?
Perhaps you could but you certainly wouldn't fly as much. I can see you now coming in after every leg to run a flight plan, file your fp, review all weather, check the atc system for gdp/ground stops/reroutes(playbooks), etc(which is much more).It is crazy the pissing fight dx and pilots get in. Dispatchers and pilots need to work as a team it benefits all. There is enough comic relief on both sides.

CRJDispatchKid beat me correcting the link...

Mr Wu, that's an international flight plan and is also known as an ICAO flight plan. Flight Simmer's like yourself don't have to file things like this from the basement at Mom's house when you file your virtual airline flight plan. As always, get your Mom's permission before you use the computer.

Last edited:
I had a captain tonight demand an alternate because in his FAR's said that FEW005 constitutes a ceiling and he needed to know where to go if he couldn't get in.

The same captain, several months ago, "instructed" me that the 1 2 3 rule also states that an alternate is required if there are CB's in the forecast.

I must have missed these changes to the rules.

The dumbest thing a crew ever asked was why Michigan couldn't have a second chance to play for the national championship! The second dumbest thing ever was when an Ohio pilot wanted to bet me on the Gators osu national championship! Hahaha! Losers!:p :laugh: :p

CRJDispatchKid beat me correcting the link...

Mr Wu, that's an international flight plan and is also known as an ICAO flight plan. Flight Simmer's like yourself don't have to file things like this from the basement at Mom's house when you file your virtual airline flight plan. As always, get your Mom's permission before you use the computer.

I can pretty much guarantee that I've filed more of those than you've flown. How come nearly all of you dispatchers are either pilots or are taking flight lessons but nearly none of the pilots are dispatchers? Things that make you go hmm.

Latest resources

Back