Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest thing a crew has ever asked or requested?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can pretty much guarantee that I've filed more of those than you've flown.

Wu, I can pretty much guarantee that I don't really give a rat's *** how much you've flown, what you've flown, where you've flown to or from or what you're going to fly in the future.

How come nearly all of you dispatchers are either pilots or are taking flight lessons but nearly none of the pilots are dispatchers?

I like that: you dispatchers. Spoken like a true arrogant a** like yourself.

I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe they fly for fun.

Concur with Artic's final remark on his last post.

Wu, I'm gonna assume your first name is Richard so I'll just call you Dick for short from now on if that's okay. It's either Dick or Wutard. Which one do you like better? Both of the names fit. I think you should be Dicktard from now on but that's a little harsh so we'll just stay with Dick. Cool with you?

Last edited:
I can pretty much guarantee that I've filed more of those than you've flown. How come nearly all of you dispatchers are either pilots or are taking flight lessons but nearly none of the pilots are dispatchers? Things that make you go hmm.

Not me pal, I am not a pile-it. I simply don't have the ego for it. and I guarantee that I have filed more flights than you have flown, so there.
ahh, and by the way, EAT ME.

Not me pal, I am not a pile-it. I simply don't have the ego for it. and I guarantee that I have filed more flights than you have flown, so there.
ahh, and by the way, EAT ME.

Props, you da MAN!!!

Most dumb thing a pilot has ever said? Hmmm...

This one time, some arrogant prick named Mr. Wu came into a thread he had no business being in, and spouted a whole bunch of mindless dribble. You should have been there to see it, made you feel sorry for the little guy because it was obvious he didn't have a life.

Most dumb thing a pilot has ever said? Hmmm...

This one time, some arrogant prick named Mr. Wu came into a thread he had no business being in, and spouted a whole bunch of mindless dribble. You should have been there to see it, made you feel sorry for the little guy because it was obvious he didn't have a life.

Are you referring to all these brillant statements below by Mr. Wu?

One thing you guys need to realize is that when we call you we're not asking your permission, we're telling you what we're going to do. You can save yourself a whole lot of heartburn by just agreeing with us.

The truth about dispatchers declaring an emergency when the pilot can't be contacted.....

ATC: Flight 123, you copy

F123: Go ahead.

ATC: Your dispatcher declared an emergency because he can't contact you. Proceed to your alternate, XYZ.

F123: Standby. (tries to contact dispatch, but can't)

F123: ATC, we're unable to contact dispatch. Can you do a phone patch.

ATC: No. Too busy.

F123: Did they say the nature of the emergency?

ATC: Negative.

F123: We're unable to verify that the call came from our dispatch so I am proceeding to our destination ABC. If he calls back tell him to pound sand.

So, you acknowledge that you declaring an emergency and being unable to contact the crew is BS so you use my post to illustrate how ATC may not be able to contact us and will ask you to help. Just like Occam's razor says, no matter who declares the emergency the guy in the left seat has the last say in what happens with the flight regardless of what they told you at Sheffield.

You can't link for sh1t

can pretty much guarantee that I've filed more of those than you've flown. How come nearly all of you dispatchers are either pilots or are taking flight lessons but nearly none of the pilots are dispatchers? Things that make you go hmm.

Yeah, it's great to see someone else was there to enjoy all of that. Sad aint it?

Latest resources

Back