Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest thing a crew has ever asked or requested?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think he meant, "Oh, the VERBAL irony."

If not, then I find it ironic that there was no irony beforehand to warrant such a statement.

How bout this:

Pilot: I want 3000 lbs extra fuel (ATL - JFK on a CRJ2)

DX: How come? Did I miss something?

Pilot: Don't know if you know, but there is weather up there (current wx has light rain in the vicinity, no alt required)

DX: Ya I know about the wx, I gave you an alt anyway!

Pilot: I want the extra 3000!

DX: Look, I gave you an alt and an extra 1000 for MIT potential. You've got 2800 extra lbs!

Pilot: I don't know if you know this, but this RJ has rivets popping out! This will increase the drag thus requiring the extra 3000 lbs for extra burn!

DX: Time and Initials are--------

The same captain, several months ago, "instructed" me that the 1 2 3 rule also states that an alternate is required if there are CB's in the forecast.

Canadian rules do require and alternate if CB's are in the metar or forecast for Canadian destinations.

I had a Capt. call for a take-off alternate...then asked me what his take-off alternate fuel was. :confused:

Why I keep coming back to this thread... I don't know? BUT
Mr. Wu.. Your just a freakin idot... Keep your mouth closed, enjoy your little right seat job in a 1900. Your letting your aligator mouth overload your hummingbird brain... Keep telling yourself that you know what your doing.. You probably couldnt find your a$$ with both hands.

There are dog turds in my back yard that impress me more than Wutard. One of my dogs just shat a fat, gnarly pile and I wondered if it could possibly be Wutard here to visit me?

Wutard, are you here to visit? Are you laying in the backyard?

Last edited:
Canadian rules do require and alternate if CB's are in the metar or forecast for Canadian destinations.

I had a Capt. call for a take-off alternate...then asked me what his take-off alternate fuel was. :confused:

We quit flying into 3rd world countries before I got to my airline, so I am not familiar with Canadian rules.

Latest resources

Back