Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PLease... give me a break

I was in security line the other morning for my 6AM show at KLIT when a passenger who noticed I flew for the airline he was going to be flying on asked me:

"What kind of airplane are we flying to ORD this morning?" I answer,"Why it's a CRJ-700 built by Bombardier." He comes back with the dumb question,"Is that a big plane?"

I politely told him,"Don't worry, it will get you there."

Jet_Driver said:
"Is that a big plane?"
The impossible to answer question. To some people anything less than a 767 is "small" (lots of people complain in the MD-80). To others, anything that is not a turboprop is "big" (equally funny, because the ATR-72 is bigger than an ERJ).

I always just say "Yes, it's a large plane".

By FAA definition, anything more than 12,500 lbs takeoff weight is "large", so if their definition is not the same as mine and the FAA's, it's not my problem.

LAXSaabdude.

Are you going to drink that entire 12 pack?

Jet_Driver said:
I was in security line the other morning for my 6AM show at KLIT when a passenger who noticed I flew for the airline he was going to be flying on asked me:

"What kind of airplane are we flying to ORD this morning?" I answer,"Why it's a CRJ-700 built by Bombardier." He comes back with the dumb question,"Is that a big plane?"

I politely told him,"Don't worry, it will get you there."

but you should have also said no it isn't:cartman:

checking in at the hotel in mdw:

manager: so you guys from out of town?

no we live right down the street, we just went out and bought these uniforms and like to stay in $120 a night hotels for the hell of it

Latest resources

Back