• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's 357 Done For You Lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup...I was ALPA for 15 years at 2 other carriers, one a mainline carrier. Not my first rodeo.

Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, shame on me. It won't happen again, if I can help it.

T8
At the risk of provoking the whole East vs West group, How's that non-ALPA union working out for your old mainline carrier? Wasn't it ALPA who got you your J4J at RAH?

... IBT has more grievances filed as we have been around longer with this managment team. it;s not about a stance so much as it is about RAH not wanting to fix anything so they can delay a CBA or anything beneficial to the pilots. I don't think that IBT has failed miserably as you state. They filed a Q400 grievance, seem to be quickly moving on this airbus vacancy memo and then there is the SLI award (another thread). i don't think ALPA is going to be any better. they didn't want CHQ in the past, why now? So they can get more $ and take more from me and my 401K? No thanks.

Who would know about FIT grads?... what difference does that make?
FAPA had more disputes filed in the first few months of RAH's management then were filed in the prior year. We currently have three outstanding disputes. The rest were settled satisfactorily. FAPA's record at arbitration is unmatched.

The Q400 grievance is a loser, the Airbus vacancy is a loser, having pay tied to seats rather than MGTOW was a loser, the much vaunted Scope has cost the membership seven years of sub-standard wages in hopes of something better down the road, and the SLI/STS is a coin toss with another seven years of low wages as the upside potential. It takes two to tango and the IBT hasn't been able to deal realistically with management up until now, so why would you expect any change?

The bottom line is that we don't care whether you stay IBT or go ALPA; we just don't want to be FORCED into the IBT. If you want "Unity" you need to understand and respect that.

At the risk of provoking the whole East vs West group, How's that non-ALPA union working out for your old mainline carrier? Wasn't it ALPA who got you your J4J at RAH?

Yes, they negotiated LOA #4 with the IBT.

Last I heard, that "non-ALPA" union was holding it's own. I'm sure some Eastie or Westie will chime in now that you have chummed the water.

T8

Let's just pray to GOD that the NMB restores the natural order of things. Then we'll have nothing left to discuss. EVER...

I've even envisioned buttons for the occasion. Instead of "We are one", they say "We are DONE"!

Last edited:
FAPA had more disputes filed in the first few months of RAH's management then were filed in the prior year. We currently have three outstanding disputes. The rest were settled satisfactorily. FAPA's record at arbitration is unmatched.

The Q400 grievance is a loser, the Airbus vacancy is a loser, having pay tied to seats rather than MGTOW was a loser, the much vaunted Scope has cost the membership seven years of sub-standard wages in hopes of something better down the road, and the SLI/STS is a coin toss with another seven years of low wages as the upside potential. It takes two to tango and the IBT hasn't been able to deal realistically with management up until now, so why would you expect any change?

The bottom line is that we don't care whether you stay IBT or go ALPA; we just don't want to be FORCED into the IBT. If you want "Unity" you need to understand and respect that.

You seem to make alot of predictions with no evidence to back it up. The scope worked well as it forced the SLI in an attempt to minimize a whipsaw among other things. BB knows that the branded side is the future of this place so of course he will play ball with FAPA grievances. He has shareholders to protect. The new Local as opposed to the old Local has been a large improvement. The thing is that alot has changed and will continue to change and we have seen change. I'm not turning my back on IBT yet. Faulting folks now for a contract from 2003 is apples/oranges and a played out argument from the haters. face it, IBT guys outnumber FAPA/ALPA guys. Being forced into IBT is, perhaps, an inevitability so begin to deal with it and work together. Like has been said, FAPA can't handle everybody so it can't go. ALPA didn't want CHQ back in the day but they do now...? pfffft

Unity doesn't come or not come by what union you are part of. it comes from what you have in common. Edmund Burke said "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Let's get together already......

Latest resources

Back