• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is up at Cherry Air??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drove by Cherry today. I saw 5 Falcons and none had engines. Also saw a few Lears and half of those were missing engines. Looked like a graveyard.
FD

My information is second hand, but I heard today that a couple of flyable Lears were sold at the court ordered auction for around $25k and a Falcon for around $45k. Made me want to vomit - heartbreaking. I was there for less than 3 years but they were, and will always be the best memories I will ever have flying. I had a feeling that when JD died the company would go too. This is a sad time for aviation, the color that Cherry and other companies like it brought to the business will be missed. I hear Ameristar is all but dead also, can anyone shed light on that?

None of those planes were flyable though... More just spare parts or scrap metal. The Falcon was probably savable with a lot of work. I agree about the JD comment!

My information is second hand, but I heard today that a couple of flyable Lears were sold at the court ordered auction for around $25k and a Falcon for around $45k. Made me want to vomit - heartbreaking. I was there for less than 3 years but they were, and will always be the best memories I will ever have flying. I had a feeling that when JD died the company would go too. This is a sad time for aviation, the color that Cherry and other companies like it brought to the business will be missed. I hear Ameristar is all but dead also, can anyone shed light on that?

I sure hope the prices are not true otherwise I might be looking for a new job soon but they don't tell us much about this stuff so who's knows.

I knew that some were up for auction on the 18th. A buddy of mine saw 218CA flying a couple of days ago. Hope the guys keep their jobs.
FD

I sure hope the prices are not true otherwise I might be looking for a new job soon but they don't tell us much about this stuff so who's knows.

Hey D, the prices are right! Go look at the auction link and it has the prices that everything sold for... Hope you guys can pull through man

Sup Cherry's

That's sad to here of Cherry's situation. I was there almost five years and loved the people I flew with and the Falcon 20. I was a great place for low timers to get some good experience.

I believe I flew with Falcon Driver (PG) and Cherry's20s. Maybe HawkerFlyer too if that's (GW)

I know if Cherry Air goes away then things are really bad.

God Speed Cherry Pilots!

SquirrelDog (DR)

WOW...all the good ole' boys are here.

I am so sad to hear about this....not surprised though. If this company made money on the quality of individuals that I flew with there....it would be a fortune 100 company for sure....good luck guys.
BW

This is sad for me I spent 7 1/2 yrs there and aout 4500 hrs in the Lears there. I was a check and cp for awhile. The best pilots in the air came from Cherry! Every last guy that was there in my day were the best pilots i ever saw to take a line from the Right Stuff. The best days of my life. I miss all of u. Good luck Cherry. The only good thing if they do go under is SRedden will be out of aviation. I will be sad for everyone else.

Latest resources

Back