• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is up at Cherry Air??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw on another board that cherry filed Chap 11. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is that's a bummer. Quite a few good guys over there. Good luck to you all.

I think the bottom line with the on-demand industry right now is that there is too much lift for the limited amount of product that needs to be flown. Of course this is blatantly obvious, but it will be absolutely amazing if there are not a few companies that do not end up liquidating. I hope for all of us, that somehow everyone makes it through this. On-demand seems to have a odd way of being feast or famine.

Oddly, it would help the rest of the other carries out if someone would shut their doors, but the affects that has on the crews at that company is far to great to wish that too happen to anyone. Although, alot of companies are looking over the edge of the canyon, wondering how long it is going to be before they have to jump.

Last edited:
i heard they have till sometime in March , to convince the judge they can make it. If not he will liquidate the company.
FD

I heard 6 months... Who did you hear March from? PM me if you want.

Sorry can't say who. Its inside info. But it is all rumors. I hope you guys weather the storm and stay employed. I worked at Cherry for many years and it always amazed me that they never closed.
FD

I know all 6 pilots that still work there, and trained most of them, and talk to everyone else still and I just hadn't heard that one... I don't work there anymore though.

When did you work there? I was there July 04-Sept 08

Falcondriver is one of the very few stellar pilots and individuals I had the pleasure of flying with during my stint at Cherry '99-'03 and in aviation in general. And I can count those individuals on the fingers of my hands.

Last edited:
Hawkerflyer and I have scared ourselves numerous times at Cherry. I was there twice"very traumatic" first in 98-2000 and again in 2000 something, cant remember the dates(sorry).
FD

No worries, I know I've scared myself there quite a few times too. I'm sure I've heard yalls names and stories. You guys probably knew MK?

Latest resources

Back