Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and, as a bonus, we are about to vote these Flight Pay Loss-sucking idiots out of office and back to the line.
That can be done quite easily...through a simple process known as a RECALL!!! Unfortunately, you and the other USAPA supporters on this thread have contributed nothing rational to any type of discussion...just emotional name calling statements blaming ALPA for everything but Darfur.

I find it hard to believe that people so easily swayed by emotional rhetoric can make it past a major airline interview. If you're simply trying for a shot to overturn Nic, at least just admit it...don't come on here spouting off retarded statements about ALPA, when you're really talking about the US AIRWAYS PILOTS on your MEC.

Algflyr- what is your motivation for being a USAPA supporter? Is it just a blatant attempt at a seniority grab? You were never even hired at AAA, just flowed through to MDA from Alg, and now YOU feel screwed in the whole deal? Honestly you should feel fortunate to have been given a position at mainline and even more fortunate that the company is going to hire several hundred pilots behind you. Do you feel entitled to being senior to even ONE AWA pilot?????????????????

"Honestly." :erm: ????

I don't think so...

What a post. Seemingly simple question followed by condescending blather.

Seems like you answered your own question(s), Green...(as if you were looking for answers).

West pilots seem to discount their lack of familiarity with the retards who make up AAA ALPA. You guys take the easy track on here act like ALPA is ALPA. Not so. I don't claim any first hand knowledge of AWA's ALPA. From all outside appearances, they seem like a professional, rational group. However, after nine years of dealing with AAA ALPA, I can tell you that most of us over here have had it! Done. Finished.

So, you guys can play here on FI and make ridiculous accusations about "seniority grabs," (yeah, 1986 is trying to "grab" a spot senior to 2004. That's a real a$$hole for you). In the mean time, the NMB will be working on an election.

West pilots seem to discount their lack of familiarity with the retards who make up AAA ALPA. You guys take the easy track on here act like ALPA is ALPA. Not so. I don't claim any first hand knowledge of AWA's ALPA. From all outside appearances, they seem like a professional, rational group. However, after nine years of dealing with AAA ALPA, I can tell you that most of us over here have had it! Done. Finished.
OH MY GOD, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT DECERIFYING WILL NOT CHANGE A THING??? You will STILL have AAA pilots governing AAA pilots. If you've "had it" with what you call "AAA ALPA" (WHICH IS SIMPLY a bunch of AAA PILOTS), then RECALL the reps you have problems with...don't vote to decertify the freaking union!!

That's like Bush committing a crime and instead of impeaching him, lets form an army and OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT!

The sad thing is, if half of the east pilots would take 5 mins to research how ALPA ACTUALLY works, there would be NO DECERTIFICATION. Amazing

...don't come on here spouting off retarded statements about ALPA, when you're really talking about the US AIRWAYS PILOTS on your MEC.

The US MEC is just a cross section of ALL the MEC's. Look at what the NWA MEC (now gone) sold to us during our BK farce.

Pilots are trained to fly airplanes, not go toe to toe against Harvard trained big business guys that can eat our lunch in that arena with one hand tied behind their back. Unfortunately history repeats itself in this area time and time again.

true...but USAPA wouldn't be any different

My first inclination was to agree, but the USAPA guys have demonstrated that they are willing to go all the way with their cause, which is something I haven't witnessed in this industry since the 98 strike here at NW.

In a lot of ways it's refreshing.

So, you guys can play here on FI and make ridiculous accusations about "seniority grabs," (yeah, 1986 is trying to "grab" a spot senior to 2004. That's a real a$$hole for you). In the mean time, the NMB will be working on an election.

The problem is that at AAA, a 1986 hire bought you a very Junior spot on the seniority list.........

My first inclination was to agree, but the USAPA guys have demonstrated that they are willing to go all the way with their cause, which is something I haven't witnessed in this industry since the 98 strike here at NW.

I like that type of attitude too...however, the way to get that accomplished would be to recall the current officeholders and have the USAPA guys simply run for the vacant positions. No need to switch logos. Just like what happened at NW. After the TA was voted in, Mclain was tossed out and new guys were put in. That's all we are talking about switching here, pilots.

I disagree that it's refreshing. What you're seeing from the uSAPa guys is a willingness to go the mat alright......in order to violate the terms of their transition agreement and go back on their word about complying with a binding arbitration. There's nothing honorable in that.

But even if you think these guys are the frickin' second coming, then as SaturnPilot has pointed out, all you have to do is recall your current reps and replace them with the uSAPa boneheads that you adore so much. Changing the logo on the letterhead will accomplish you nothing but further disarray.

Latest resources

Back