Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I never paid for training or crossed a picket line and I work for the west, the analogy works for me. Just providing a little balance, you see. Wait till it happens to you, then see how hoity toity you are.

Last edited:
Let's use your mother for the example. Is it still fitting?

Yes. Above all else...we must be PC and not insult anybody. USAPA is willfully and actively trying to steal the futures of all AWA pilots just because they were too stupid not to move on from that diseased airline...that's okay...must not offend.

• The election will be conducted by Telephone and Internet
  • The Notice and Sample Instructions will be sent out March 13, 2008
  • The Voting Instructions will be mailed on March 20, 2008
  • The voting period will be from 12.01 a.m., ET, March 20, 2008 through April 17, 2008
  • The tally will take place on April 17, 2008, at 2 p.m., ET
This notification also included NMB rules for challenges to the Eligible List. Click here to read the entire document. Click here to access all NMB documents.

The analogy is revolting, yes, but it's also offensive because it's pure spin and it's not apples-to-apples. We are flying airplanes here, not forcing ourselves on each other.

"This is essentially what's going on at USAirways."

Really, PCL? You think you've stated the real essence of what's going on? Right. You're sick.

Here's the deal: That super seniority you have on paper (you know, the paper Nic is written on) isn't really your's. Not yet. Maybe not ever. So why don't you just settle in for the ride like all you guys want East pilots to do.

And as for what USAPA is or is not going to do, you don't even know. You very well could end up doing just fine without ALPA. Me, personally, I'm probably going to end up just as junior as I am right now, about 1800 junior to my DOH, and 1100 junior to your most junior pilot (very approximate numbers.)
That's with or without USAPA. See? I'm not in favor of USAPA because I think it will help my seniority. I'm for USAPA because I've lost all respect for ALPA and I have absolutely no confidence in their ability to represent individual airlines. They do a $hitty job of it, really, and they get paid top dollar to do so. $85,000/yr secretaries? $263,000/yr for a "recruiter?" What kind of outfit needs a recruiter paid that much if they are worth a crap?

I'm quite confident that ridding ourselves of ALPA is the right thing to do no matter where I end up on the list. Fully expect to be on the bottom.

See ya!

The analogy is revolting, yes, but it's also offensive because it's pure spin and it's not apples-to-apples. We are flying airplanes here, not forcing ourselves on each other.

Really, PCL? You think you've stated the real essence of what's going on? Right. You're sick.

Here's the deal: That super seniority you have on paper (you know, the paper Nic is written on) isn't really your's. Not yet. Maybe not ever. So why don't you just settle in for the ride like all you guys want East pilots to do.

And as for what USAPA is or is not going to do, you don't even know. You very well could end up doing just fine without ALPA. Me, personally, I'm probably going to end up just as junior as I am right now, about 1800 junior to my DOH, and 1100 junior to your most junior pilot (very approximate numbers.)
That's with or without USAPA. See? I'm not in favor of USAPA because I think it will help my seniority. I'm for USAPA because I've lost all respect for ALPA and I have absolutely no confidence in their ability to represent individual airlines. They do a $hitty job of it, really, and they get paid top dollar to do so. $85,000/yr secretaries? $263,000/yr for a "recruiter?" What kind of outfit needs a recruiter paid that much if they are worth a crap?

I'm quite confident that ridding ourselves of ALPA is the right thing to do no matter where I end up on the list. Fully expect to be on the bottom.

See ya!

While I do not disagree with your above post, and you all may be much happier without ALPA, it still comes down to the fact that you will not be able to get around the NIC award at the least. And at the worst you might see your whole airline get parted out. And in between are years of heartache and missed opportunities to unify and come up with a much better contract and stronger airline.

BS. You guys are trying to use your greater numbers to force your will upon us, to have your way, and yes, it is just as disgusting.

You didn't have a problem with this process you signed on to until you didn't get your way. Then you renege on everything you previously agreed to under the banner of self righteousness.

Sorry, as far as I'm concerned the analogy stands.

Real honorable men and women you are. Yeah, yeah, I'm standing by for the same tired recitation of your bull********************.

Last edited:
Big surprise here. The East pilots and supporters are pretending to be "offended" by a simple analogy. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back