Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If USAPA wins the election they are going to look so foolish when the Nic award is implemented on there watch. Its almost worth having them win to see there faces.

The eastys should take advice from George Costanza when he decides that every decision that he has ever made has been wrong and resolves to do the complete opposite of what he would normally. He suddenly begins to experience good luck, getting a girlfriend, moving out of his parents' house, and even landing a job with the New York Yankees.

Come on eastys be the opposite George and see if it works, God knows your current mindset is a trail of massive failures with USAPA being the grande finale.

I think they are doing the opposite of what they have always done. They have always trusted ALPA, now they dont.

See you can find common ground

I think they are doing the opposite of what they have always done. They have always trusted ALPA, now they dont.

See you can find common ground

True, their own ELECTED ALPA SWINE have
SOLD THEIR OWN DOWN THE RIVER so many times it's hard to count. So, if their smart enough to learn from history...THEIR OWN LEADERSHIP WILL FAIL THEM IN THE END. However, once the rank and file discover that, once again, they've been sold a bill of goods, it will be too late.

Their career failure will be the most complete in aviation history.

While its true that in the end it was the local ALPA that agreed to the "deals". Dont forget that it has always been National ALPA that has recommended these deals and in the end the National President signed.

The same national that has allowed all this outsourcing by signing on the dotted line with the MESA's of the world to contracts that cheapened the pay to levels that nobody can compete.

If you are a national union you need to look at the big picture. National ALPA could care less about the big picture. They sign these subpar contracts for regional feed for the only purpose of bringing in more dues money. Thereby hosing the regional pilot as well as the legacy carrier pilot. The only way to compete with 20 an hour is to pay 20 an hour, look at the East pay rates.

I want some EAST pilot to tell me the difference between LONGEVITY and SENIORITY.

If a guy was a B-737 FO on reserve who couldn't even hold a regular bid line, let alone a captain slot, what should that pilot hold after the merger?

Come on Easties! Someone answer this, please!

Chirp......Chirp.....

I've been reading this board (way too much, my wife might add) since the merger, and I can't remember any eastie ever even attempting to answer that question. And it won't happen now, because to answer it is to admit they are looking for a windfall at our expense. It is much easier to throw up the much-used smokescreen of years of service. How can some snot-nosed 2004 hire expect to be placed above a former Captain with a 1986 DOH blah, blah, blah...

If ALPA had a Longevity Integration Policy, then I guess we'd have something to argue about.

Why do I get the feeling I just wasted my time...again?

Somebody posted what the West contract said about seniority, I can't find it now though, these threads are so long. Heck it might be on another web-site.

It said , I paraphrase...

Seniority will be based on your date of hire.

so there is the answer to seniority.

Longevity is how many years you actually served, subracting any furlough time.

So there you go guys, you have your set up, now can we please have the "real" answer now? you have been baiting for hours, so lets have it already.

While its true that in the end it was the local ALPA that agreed to the "deals". Dont forget that it has always been National ALPA that has recommended these deals and in the end the National President signed.

The same national that has allowed all this outsourcing by signing on the dotted line with the MESA's of the world to contracts that cheapened the pay to levels that nobody can compete.

If you are a national union you need to look at the big picture. National ALPA could care less about the big picture. They sign these subpar contracts for regional feed for the only purpose of bringing in more dues money. Thereby hosing the regional pilot as well as the legacy carrier pilot. The only way to compete with 20 an hour is to pay 20 an hour, look at the East pay rates.
:puke:
so, to paraphrase...your local representatives are to blame for your plight, but you also blame the national union for "letting your local representatives be so stupid."

The perfect solution you have come up with is to eliminate the national union on your property, thereby having nobody around to "not stop your local representatives from making stupid decisions."

I still don't see the part where you've fixed your local representatives from making stupid decisions.

Pretty much EVERY anti-alpa post on this thread needs to have "ALPA" replaced with "US Airways MEC". Then we'll see where the problems lie. But if you morons want to go around believing it was ALPA who outsourced your flying to MESA, instead of YOUR OWN D*MN PILOTS, then be my guest. To me USAPA seems to be just another bunch of East pilots making stupid decisions.

If you are a national union you need to look at the big picture. National ALPA could care less about the big picture. They sign these subpar contracts for regional feed .
Apparently what you wanted to have happen in the above scenario is for ALPA National to have REFUSED to sign any of your bankruptcy era deals that SAVED your company. This would have most likely resulted in the liquidation of your carrier. In other words, sacrifice the weak in for the good of the majority. Lucky for YOU, they didn't...somewhat UNlucky for the rest of us.

Let me fix some of these posts for you:
USAPA is trying to steal that 18 year bump you got from a neutral arbitrator agreed upon by my fellow pilots not following a merger policy.

What you fail to realize is that USAPA is the result of 6 years of frustration with US Airways pilot representatives...

With the benefit of US Airways pilots making their own decisions, USAir (East) has endured the following:
Loss of the no furlough clause (1800+ pilots on the street)
Loss of the Pension
Massive wage and quality of life cuts
Sale of 28 aircraft on USAir East 121 operating certificate to finance the merger (300+ jobs lost)
38 CRJ 900’s from America West (never before allowed under USAir’s scope) operating on east routes further delaying the return of furloughed pilots
In increase in scheduled flying per pilot per month to 95 hours (again delaying the return of furloughed pilots)
The replacement of 73’s with E-190’s at pay rates so low that regional pilots at partner airlines flying the E-175 are paid more
Somebody show me the clause in the ALPA Constitution or Admin Manual that the President used to "force" the US Airways MEC into taking these concessions.

Sure... your seniority with respect to your airline begins when you are a newhire.

However, INTEGRATING seniority lists does NOT go by date of hire for obvious reasons - windfalls. Basically, an Eastie who couldn't hold B-737 FO bid line and was stuck on reserve should jump ahead of every single West FO and be upgraded simply because of his date of hire, but nevermind what that person could hold before the merger?

Wow!

Why don't you guys just come out and tell the truth...

YES, I want to screw those punks out West! YES, I want the windfall on their expense. YES! We agreed to binding arbitration, but only if the ruling comes unequivocally in our favor.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back