Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like my April prediction a few pages back stands! Rough math is 900 East votes for ALPA and it stands up for ALPA. FYI, just got a new East Bid result and every pilot on the property at the Merger date of Sept. 2005 can hold captain( The Barbie E190) but still a captain slot.

The analogy is revolting, yes, but it's also offensive because it's pure spin and it's not apples-to-apples. We are flying airplanes here, not forcing ourselves on each other.

"This is essentially what's going on at USAirways."

Really, PCL? You think you've stated the real essence of what's going on? Right. You're sick.

Here's the deal: That super seniority you have on paper (you know, the paper Nic is written on) isn't really your's. Not yet. Maybe not ever. So why don't you just settle in for the ride like all you guys want East pilots to do.

And as for what USAPA is or is not going to do, you don't even know. You very well could end up doing just fine without ALPA. Me, personally, I'm probably going to end up just as junior as I am right now, about 1800 junior to my DOH, and 1100 junior to your most junior pilot (very approximate numbers.)
That's with or without USAPA. See? I'm not in favor of USAPA because I think it will help my seniority. I'm for USAPA because I've lost all respect for ALPA and I have absolutely no confidence in their ability to represent individual airlines. They do a $hitty job of it, really, and they get paid top dollar to do so. $85,000/yr secretaries? $263,000/yr for a "recruiter?" What kind of outfit needs a recruiter paid that much if they are worth a crap?

I'm quite confident that ridding ourselves of ALPA is the right thing to do no matter where I end up on the list. Fully expect to be on the bottom.

See ya!

Why don't you just take a short cut and look at your ALPA badge backer? Every phone number of the guys that "screwed" you are on it. All Local, no national. You guys voted for them, they ham-handedly F'd what you thought was left of your careers. Your anger should be aimed there. I have a feeling you already understand that.

It's on

The National Mediation Board (NMB) today authorized an election to take place March 20 through April 17. The Notice and Sample Instructions will be sent out on March 13. The Voting Instructions will be mailed on March 20, with the balloting period from 1201 a.m. ET, March 20 through April 17. The vote tally will take place at 200 p.m. ET on April 17, at the NMB’s office in Washington, D.C.

The National Mediation Board (NMB) today authorized an election to take place March 20 through April 17. The Notice and Sample Instructions will be sent out on March 13. The Voting Instructions will be mailed on March 20, with the balloting period from 1201 a.m. ET, March 20 through April 17. The vote tally will take place at 200 p.m. ET on April 17, at the NMB’s office in Washington, D.C.

Goodbye ALPA... Gonna miss you... NOT!!! :)

It is strange to me that PCL keeps speaking of USAPA trying to steal jobs from the west. When a first year pilot is placed senior to a pilot who has given, at that time, 75% of his useful career to the company, honestly, who is stealing from whom? Those poor westies are being victimized. USAPA is trying to steal that 18 year bump you got from ALPA not following its own written merger policy. Oh please, you should really get off that it’s all falling on me dung heap and take a look at the horrible precedent the Nic award set. It seems the only people you are trying to persuade with your continuous blathering are those who don’t have a dog in this fight. As for those of us who are intimately familiar, your posts reek of the bank robber calling the police for help when the people who lost their money in the robbery have found you and want it back.
You are trying (very hard from the number posts on this thread) to label USAPA as a job stealing venture. What you fail to realize is that USAPA is the result of 6 years of frustration with a union that has focused its efforts on bolstering its own cushy salaries in the guise of lobbying while the average dues paying pilot has lost nearly half their income. There is a very large disconnect between ALPA National and the pilots they represent. Why is it every time you have a meeting with ALPA National they have to have all those high dollar attorneys in the room with them? Why would you need those guys in the room if you weren’t up to some underhanded stuff?? When you go to work do you have a $300 an hour attorney following you around all day???
With the benefit of ALPA’s economic analysis, USAir (East) has endured the following:
Loss of the no furlough clause (1800+ pilots on the street)
Loss of the Pension
Massive wage and quality of life cuts
Sale of 28 aircraft on USAir East 121 operating certificate to finance the merger (300+ jobs lost)
38 CRJ 900’s from America West (never before allowed under USAir’s scope) operating on east routes further delaying the return of furloughed pilots
In increase in scheduled flying per pilot per month to 95 hours (again delaying the return of furloughed pilots)
The replacement of 73’s with E-190’s at pay rates so low that regional pilots at partner airlines flying the E-175 are paid more
The Nic award was just that final straw that broke the camel’s back. Alpa National endorsement of the Nic award contrary to its own written merger policy has rallied the pilot group to finally dump this worthless self serving organization. It is the principle of the whole thing. Why continue to pay money to an organization that has done nothing but harm your career???

<font face="Calibri"><font size="3">It is strange to me that PCL keeps speaking of USAPA trying to steal jobs from the west. When a first year pilot is placed senior to a pilot who has given, at that time, 75% of his useful career to the company, honestly, who is stealing from whom?
Yet another East pilot who doesn't understand the difference between longevity and seniority. I don't care if you've spent 99% of your career at a company, if it doesn't net you anything more than a junior FO spot pre-merger, then you shouldn't expect to be a Captain at a merged company.

It is strange to me that PCL keeps speaking of USAPA trying to steal jobs from the west. When a first year pilot is placed senior to a pilot who has given, at that time, 75% of his useful career to the company, honestly, who is stealing from whom? Those poor westies are being victimized. USAPA is trying to steal that 18 year bump you got from ALPA not following its own written merger policy. Oh please, you should really get off that it’s all falling on me dung heap and take a look at the horrible precedent the Nic award set. It seems the only people you are trying to persuade with your continuous blathering are those who don’t have a dog in this fight. As for those of us who are intimately familiar, your posts reek of the bank robber calling the police for help when the people who lost their money in the robbery have found you and want it back.
You are trying (very hard from the number posts on this thread) to label USAPA as a job stealing venture. What you fail to realize is that USAPA is the result of 6 years of frustration with a union that has focused its efforts on bolstering its own cushy salaries in the guise of lobbying while the average dues paying pilot has lost nearly half their income. There is a very large disconnect between ALPA National and the pilots they represent. Why is it every time you have a meeting with ALPA National they have to have all those high dollar attorneys in the room with them? Why would you need those guys in the room if you weren’t up to some underhanded stuff?? When you go to work do you have a $300 an hour attorney following you around all day???
With the benefit of ALPA’s economic analysis, USAir (East) has endured the following:
Loss of the no furlough clause (1800+ pilots on the street)
Loss of the Pension
Massive wage and quality of life cuts
Sale of 28 aircraft on USAir East 121 operating certificate to finance the merger (300+ jobs lost)
38 CRJ 900’s from America West (never before allowed under USAir’s scope) operating on east routes further delaying the return of furloughed pilots
In increase in scheduled flying per pilot per month to 95 hours (again delaying the return of furloughed pilots)
The replacement of 73’s with E-190’s at pay rates so low that regional pilots at partner airlines flying the E-175 are paid more
The Nic award was just that final straw that broke the camel’s back. Alpa National endorsement of the Nic award contrary to its own written merger policy has rallied the pilot group to finally dump this worthless self serving organization. It is the principle of the whole thing. Why continue to pay money to an organization that has done nothing but harm your career???

You'd have more credibility than a little whiny B*itch if you'd just acknowledge the fact that the "ALPA" that so F'd you over, was your own blood, voted in by you. An intentional misdirection is cool...if your a magician...we all see thru your B.S... US Airways was an infected pig for years...yet you stayed. You obviously F'd up, and now you want to shove your career cancer into a healthy body. Sorry dude, you're a scab.

I want some EAST pilot to tell me the difference between LONGEVITY and SENIORITY.

If a guy was a B-737 FO on reserve who couldn't even hold a regular bid line, let alone a captain slot, what should that pilot hold after the merger?

Come on Easties! Someone answer this, please!

You obviously have your own ideas, why dont you just tell all those ignorant East pilots how it is?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back