What is the best way to find corprate job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lineflyer1

I am an ATP 9000hrs TT 4100 hrs PIC part 121 with no corporate time. EMB 145 B737 typed. What is the best way to find cororate job openings?

You know already: Network. This may mean taking a crappy gig just to "break" into the airport you'd want to call home. Corporate guys are not fond of 121 guys, making the transition even tougher. Attitude is everything in corporate simply because in most corporate gigs you don't just show up and fly. Often, you'll be flight planning, coordinating passenger needs, dealing department budgets, maintenance, etc. And, doing all of this with a smile and positive attitude. Network right, have a great attitude, and you'll be sitting left seat in a NICE corporate jet in no time.

AZ T

I am an ATP 9000hrs TT 4100 hrs PIC part 121 with no corporate time. EMB 145 B737 typed. What is the best way to find cororate job openings?

Don't take this as a negative question at all, just curious:

How old are you?

Where do you want to live?

I'm looking as well. HS-125 typed, 5500hrs, 1200 pic, 121/135 experience. It's tough out there. I do have a few connections that just don't seem to be working out. It's all about who you know, for the most part.

Offer to pay for your own training, or better yet just go out and buy a type. They also like it when you work for free to build experience. Offer to wash the plane and do odd jobs around the owner's house like mowing his grass and cleaning the pool. This should help.

Offer to pay for your own training, or better yet just go out and buy a type. They also like it when you work for free to build experience. Offer to wash the plane and do odd jobs around the owner's house like mowing his grass and cleaning the pool. This should help.

HAHAHA!!!!!

121 time and B737 rating?

Unless your spouse is a chief pilot or the owner is a family member... Might as well buy a lottery ticket. Very similar odds...

I second the above. Dont considder the department if any of the above are requirements. For starters see if youd even like a corp job. Do not plan anything, because you will not be able too; live on a pager 24/7 with no GT days off (ever except your Sun-Sat week of vacation), Read the rule book (ops manual) and know that that stuff only applies on good days under no pressure, and will be tossed when the trip needs to go, be ok with 16+ hr duty days and no rest requirement, learn that everyone has their own version of standardization. Basically everything opposite of 121 flying. I made the move 3 years ago and it has been a rough change.

I second the above. Dont considder the department if any of the above are requirements. For starters see if youd even like a corp job. Do not plan anything, because you will not be able too; live on a pager 24/7 with no GT days off (ever except your Sun-Sat week of vacation), Read the rule book (ops manual) and know that that stuff only applies on good days under no pressure, and will be tossed when the trip needs to go, be ok with 16+ hr duty days and no rest requirement, learn that everyone has their own version of standardization. Basically everything opposite of 121 flying. I made the move 3 years ago and it has been a rough change.

Not true. Some gigs do reflect that, don't take them. The charter industry has been cleaned up a lot (still not perfect). A 91 only gig typically has none of the traits discussed above. Their are good gigs out there, but you may have to put up with a few mediocre gigs to make it to the sweet spot.

There are a lot of jobs like this, but you can do better. Work for a department that has a recognized safety management system in place (like IS-BAO). It's still not as tight as Part 121 because you don't have the FAA oversight, but it is pretty close with the standardization.

Latest resources

Back