• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is NJ looking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We always have to reinvent the wheel.... you gotta agree with that.

Sure those square wheels give a bumpy ride, but they certainly help prevent us from rolling downhill too fast!!:laugh:

Yes, the pool is much bigger now. But the same ratios of people make it up. So you'll have some who want to work here who absolutely shouldn't be here. Some who would be okay. And some who would be perfect here.

I, like you, have no idea what they're actually looking for, but we seem to be getting the ones who would be perfect here. We didn't used to do that. So it's hard for me to complain too much. If they were passing over the best pilots for the job and hiring the mediocre ones, I'd be voicing my discontent a lot more. You say the pilots already working here would certainly know what's needed for the job. I agree. But I'd also say that's it's obvious from the newhires that at least a couple people in recruitment also know what's needed for the job and are, in fact, hiring the best candidates for it.

But again, how we are treating those that have applied needs a lot more improvement. Leaving folks hanging just isn't very classy.

Anyone see the latest interview post from aviationinterviews.com? I think some of the frustration is starting to show.

Anyone see the latest interview post from aviationinterviews.com? I think some of the frustration is starting to show.

Did you see the Allegiant Air one? The person was hired in Feb 08'. Was hired, and Waited in a pool for a class date that never happened. Was asked to re-interview in June (i think) WHILE WAITING FOR A CLASS DATE. He was turned down during his second interview! This industry truly has issues.

How long after did someone wait,once you got the "we will be in Communications with you in the future"..??

How long till you hear back from them??

How do you offer someone employment with any company and then ask them to re-apply, especially if they're still hiring at normal rates? I don't get that one! Seems fishy to me!
I'm sending my packet in today, I've had my eyes on NJA for years now.

Last edited:
So I sent in an application about 1 month ago, and today I received and email stating they are looking to pursue candidates that are better matched to their current openings. I have 10000 plus hours of flying time in aircraft of which 7000 of it is MD80 time. Is it because I lack corporate time? I was just curious what others were getting interviews with or hired with for that matter.
Well hang in there I sent in my app 5 months ago and got the phone interview and was told the interview went well and I would be next for the 2nd interview. The bad news I was told was he didn't know when that would be it could be in 2 weeks 2 months or 2 years. The head of training told me It might be never because they were slowing down the hiring the last half of the year and had a lot of pilots in que for the 2nd interview. So I'm hanging in there flying until I get the call hope it is soon before I go overseas to fly for a while.

Two good friends of mine just got the same email, thanks but no thanks. I wrote both of them letters and they didn't even get a chance at an interview. I don't get it, but they we will keep trying.

1st friend 5k hours, 1000 pic turbine, check airmen, regional captain, many years of sales and customer services exper.

2nd friend over 8k hours, over 3-4 turbine pic, checkairmen at the regionals, now a fo for america west (us airways).

I did my best, I hope they re-apply and get a shot.

Latest resources

Back