• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is NJ looking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fisch why do you get so wrapped up in it? You're a pilot this is their mess. They want to piss off the best talent and those that think they would be a good fit.

I don't understand why we aren't focusing on those that have LOR's. We know these people and we know this job. Hmmmm maybe we might know if we can put two and two together.

But no we have to reinvent the wheel. I'm not saying do the whole grip and grin like fedex but the company should look to its own when deciding on who to hire.

New guy has to reinvent the wheel hmmm where did he come from.... Still not leaving PIT is he though?

You think people are pissed now wait till we flush the apps. Oooooh boy.

Sorry it took so long for a reply. Took the family to the lake this weekend.

I can't help but notice you didn't answer any of my questions. How B19 of you! (Just playin' with you man.)

I get "wrapped up" in it because I take this job extremely seriously. I work hard at it and would say passionate is an understatement. I am helping decide the future of our company, and the possible well being of all our families. I hope everyone appreciates that.

I don't know why we are focusing on all the LOR's either. If you do the math, we have over 1000 applications on file, 400-450 getting hired this year. That leaves 550-600 of everyones "highly qualified" friends that are going to be disappointed.

I'm curious if you have taken the time to contact JG and voice your concerns? His open door policy is just that. But, I'm guessing you haven't.

Remember Diesel: If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got. In other words, if all you are doing is complaining here on FI.com and NJASAP, nothing is going to change. Time to "man up."

I have contacted JG but all I have is a Pittsburgh Area code. Hmmm wonder why?

:)

We're not allowed to contact NJA they deleted me from the system. :)

Last edited:
Well, that would be a valid reason.

Don't worry. I'll pass on your concerns.

NJA is looking for a new breed!

NJA is looking for a new breed of pilot. You may have the time and qualifications, but your personhood of superior customer care pilot is now required. NJA wants to take the company (pilots) to a higher level.

Crew and customer interaction skills will take you a long way in the interview. If you think you can just close the door between you and the clients, this is not the job for you. You must think now like a limo driver and not the bus driver.

NJA is looking for a new breed of pilot. You may have the time and qualifications, but your personhood of superior customer care pilot is now required. NJA wants to take the company (pilots) to a higher level.

Crew and customer interaction skills will take you a long way in the interview. If you think you can just close the door between you and the clients, this is not the job for you. You must think now like a limo driver and not the bus driver.

versus what they've always been looking for?

Nothing has changed in that department. That's always been our focus.

Maybe we shouldn't have ex airline people in charge of hiring?

It's interesting, but I agree with Diesel and disagree at the same time.

I agree, in that making people wait for months to find out their status is ridiculous. Especially if they've already been told "you're hired, and we'll get back to you on class dates". So why are we making these folks wait? It is stupid.

On the flip side, I have to disagree with a few things too. Sorry Diesel, but as an IOE guy I can absolutely attest to the fact that the folks we're hiring now are FAR BETTER than what we've hired in years past. I agree in that I have no idea what NJA really wants, but whatever it is, it's working. Every single IOE candidate in the past year has displayed a work ethic heretofore completely unseen at this company. The attention to detail the newhires display is amazing. How they interact with the clients is far better than the beginners we've seen previously (yeah, they're better in most aspects than when I was hired too. Not putting myself above any of this).

I won't say they fly better than anyone else. Same old mixed bag there. Some are great. Some need a little tweaking. All come up to speed by the end of IOE. Same as everyone who's ever been hired here. But it's the rest of the job where they really shine. My life as an IOE instructor has been so much easier with these newhires.

You claim we're passing up incredibly qualified pilots. I agree. But you're missing the point that we're also hiring incredibly qualified pilots. The process may be screwed up, but it still appears to be working far better than it used to.

I used to do ioe for a long time, through the new hire captains, the crazy times. So i appreciate your comments about how we are making sure the talent pool is better but I think a lot of that came with the fact that this is a much better job than it was in the past. In the past this was not really a choosen job. Now with the QOL through the roof there is just a much bigger pool to pick from.

At other airlines and cargo companies they understood that those who are working here understand what it takes to work here and can help reduce the volume. Sure take some outside people but look to our own first.

We always have to reinvent the wheel.... you gotta agree with that.

Latest resources

Back