• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is NJ looking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told by a NJ pilot that a LOR will actually hurt you. That they are striving for a no bias approach. And you should have NO internal recommendations.

I can get several LORs from NJ pilots but I haven't in fear that my app will get tossed.

Has anyone else heard this?

I think this process is making people second guess themselves a little too much. We are all trying to find them magic formula to get an interview. Not sure it really exsists at this time.

Just do what you always do. Be professional! Be yourself. It has been my experience that no two companies are the same. Some will like you some wont. If you keep trying to "change" yourself to fit a companies profile, you are just going to lead yourself down a road of frustration.

An LOR has never been able to get you the interview. All it might do is give your resume an extra hard look, or maybe a look a little sooner than without. Getting the interview and getting the job is up to the Applicant.

I can write an LOR to a garbage truck driver, but that does not mean he/she will get the job.

Just my two cents. ;)

I can write an LOR to a garbage truck driver, but that does not mean he/she will get the job.

He or she might if they interact with the customers during their pickup!

Perhaps the problem lies not with the two friends, but with the one who recommended them...
The captain has been here less than 6 months. I highly doubt they know about his reputation online.:D I have put in letters for folks who HAVE and HAVE NOT been hired. Your theory has a few minor leaks.

So how and when would I introduce these LORs? Just have my friends mail them in?

I would prefer to answer that on the union message board, and not a public forum. It is not a good idea to publish interal company email addresses. Post the question there, and I will be happy to answer it.

Latest resources

Back