Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do RJET pilots think happens after RJET SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK.... just because I'm a WN guy doesn't mean I'm stirring the pot.

My buds at Frontier seem to think since the 318's are going away that the rest of the fleet may follow and be replaced by E-Jets for fleet commonality.

Gup

My buds at Frontier seem to think since the 318's are going away that the rest of the fleet may follow and be replaced by E-Jets for fleet commonality.

Gup

Find a buddy with a clue. We're swapping 318s for 320s better than 1 for 1. We lose 4 A318s this fall, replaced with a string of 6 newbuild A320s, one a month starting in January. How the heck does a 99 seat E190, even a notional 110 seat E195 replace a 162 seat sub-7-cent CASM aircraft with 6 hour range? It doesn't.

I'm guessing the Midwest pilots will not be offered meaningful employment for years.

Hahaha, you think Republic is meaningful employment. Hahaha.

Reading is fundamental. The employment RAH has offered Midwest guys (newhire Republic FO pay) is a mockery. Thus the "meaningful employment" hockeypilot refers to correctly is indeed in the future.

Find a buddy with a clue. We're swapping 318s for 320s better than 1 for 1. We lose 4 A318s this fall, replaced with a string of 6 newbuild A320s, one a month starting in January. How the heck does a 99 seat E190, even a notional 110 seat E195 replace a 162 seat sub-7-cent CASM aircraft with 6 hour range? It doesn't.

The thought was the 318's are leaving NOW. The 320's aren't going to arrive until after the SLI and any associated discource that may arise.

Gup

It's all moot. After this mornings news and with BB at our helm, we will all lose the war.
I think we were all screwed the day that Sean Menke left. He had the know-how to run a real airline, BB does not and now is not the time to experiment.

I hope I can get hired elsewhere without any 121 PIC...

Gup

I heard SW is getting 717s.

Not trying to stir the pot.

The thought was the 318's are leaving NOW. The 320's aren't going to arrive until after the SLI and any associated discource that may arise.

Gup

Four of the 318's are leaving now, and we have already taken delivery of 3 previously unplanned 320's. The six 320's arriving next year will more than likely be swaps of the remaining 4 318's.

There is also the mexicana 320's on the table. More growth/318 and possible 319 replacements.

The SLI will be announced publicly in mid November. The Single Carrier and Representation drive will begin in earnest, probably on the same day the MSL is announced.

Even if the Single carrier and representation drive occur at the fastest speed in history, all of F9's future airbus deliveries (8 320's not including Mexicana) will be on property prior to any shuffling of the chairs as a result of the SLI.

Drizzle said, "It's all moot. After this mornings news and with BB at our helm, we will all lose the war."

Today's announcement basically guarantees further LCC consolidation sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't be surprised if the RAH/F9/YX/L4 integration ended and another round of merger mania started immediately thereafter.

This could have a huge impact on the representation drive.

Not only should all RAH pilots (that is ALL of us) look at the existing CBA's as a reference for which way to vote, but we also we get an idea on each parties effectiveness at SLI.

If FAPA has a superior CBA, and they experience the least amount of damage as a result of the SLI, can anyone think of a reason NOT to vote independent?

Lynx Q400's

BB got rid of his prize planes, the Dash 8 400's and any Aspen flights after April of next year. Republic is screwed after they could be scoped out of United flying later. I'm sure they may hang around with US Air since they really don't care who flys for them. It seems BB really doesn't care to run an airline.

Latest resources

Back