Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the chances of AA hiring again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Leonardo Dicaprio???...

No TC, this guy is not a pilot for AA, nor anyone else for that matter... He is a pilot-hating Northwest Airlines flight attendant who likes to "play" pilot here on FI. I wasted a few minutes reading some of his posts a while back after reading a comment he made in another thread... I feel dumber for having done so.

...who let him on the jumpseat, again!

Recall and hiring, just a guess...

I think at least 1/3 or more will bypass, at least at first. With 3 years to bypass after the most junior of almost 3000 pilots is recalled, that could be another 10 years. AA would have to start hiring off the street. Then after the 3years, or something in between, some more furloughees will accept recall with better relative senoirity than those hired off the street. Much like the AE flow through. However, the longer a pilot is off property, hopefully the better the position he/she is in at the current job. It may not be worth coming back at that point. I imagine it will boil down to the retirement and if you think it will not change and will be there when the individual pilot will be ready for retirement.

STL: was always a profitable hub for TWA. With DFW, ORD, and STL, the weather was usually good at one or two of those hubs for re-routing. At the time of the aqusition, DFW and ORD were stretched to the limits as far as capacity goes. After 9/11, demand dropped 20% - 30%. Total flights are still below 9/11 levels, but making come back with a different allocation. Remember the government limiting the AA and UA number of departures and the times when they left?

DFW-guy: don't plan a career based on what one airline might do. CAL would be a good choice if international is really what you would like to do. HOU wouldn't take that long to get, but they are stronger and more junior for the international out of EWR. Even if you got to AA, international out of DFW is very senior. Netjets or another fractional or OMNI might fit the bill for you.

"Gas guzzling and noisy, the MD80 is the aging, and seemly indestructible jalopy of the skies."

Amazing how things change! Just a few years ago the MD-80 was the fuel efficient replacement for the "Gas guzzling and noisy jalopy, the Boeing 727"!

To quote the "Dude".....

Amazing how things change! Just a few years ago the MD-80 was the fuel efficient replacement for the "Gas guzzling and noisy jalopy, the Boeing 727"!

(Dude to the reporter that wrote the quote) "Like, that's just like your opinion, man!"

Ass,

So are you a fa, low level mgmt, or a pilot (which I doubt unless you are just trolling these boards to stir up trouble). It has to be pretty obvious that no one agrees with you on any topic I have seen so far. My guess is low level mgmt. who was always obscenely jealous of pilots pay and work conditions, but was too lazy or unqualified to become a pilot yourself.

FA, low level mgmt or a pilot. What a great guess! Why don't you quit whining and start doing something productive -- which in your case would be milking block times and walking out on flights and then complaining about the zero open time contract that you voted for!!

The company can come to an agreement on the new China routes anytime they want. It's not about just this particular route. It's about setting a precident. They know this. The APA knows this. If Arpey wants to continue to antagonize and insult his workforce, there's not much the workers can to about it. But don't expect them to prostrate themselves before management's alter of pain.

The company has a lot less to lose than the pilots if the Route goes to another carrier. Arpey will do well either way. He along with many others have the option of jumping ship anytime and most likely get a better and higher paying gig -- a luxury that the seniority system does not give to most of the pilots.

Do you get it now???

Latest resources

Back